Chapter 23:- Treachery

Start from the beginning

I caught it with my single hand. And check what it was.

It was my cellphone​. I looked back up at him.

"Don't call her" he warned

"Unless she calls you"

I nodded in response and went out.

Adolfo POV:-

I checked everywhere for my cellphone​ but I couldn't find it. I called out for Max and asked him if he has seen my cellphone. But he said he didn't. I called my maid to ask her. Even she said the same. It was irritating to me now. I tried remembering the last time I used my cellphone. I usually don't use it much. But there were important confidential numbers in there.

I placed my hands on the table and tried to focus. I remembered running inside the maze trying to chase Grace. At a certain moment, it felt like I dropped something from my pants pocket. Was that my cell phone?. I vividly remember the spot where I felt like I dropped something.

I called my maid back again. I asked her.

"Is the wedding dress given to the bride?"

"Yes sir, everything is ready," she said.

"Okay, go open the maze gates and get a torchlight" I ordered. She got confused and nervous.

"Now ?" She replied. I looked up straight at her sending daggers and thinking who the fuck does she thinks she is, my mom? that she replies back.

She bends down in an apologetic manner and went out saying.

"Okay, sir".

I went out towards the maze. I saw her holding the torchlight and maze gates open. There was no one else besides the maid. I grabbed the torchlight and said.

"Don't close the gates I'll come out from the entrance. And give me the keys I'll close it myself. You can go"

I went inside. There was a foul smell everywhere. It was increasing as I went more inside. It was the smell of all the decaying bodies.

I found my cellphone. I switched on the cellphone. There were more than thirty missed calls all from Ella. I kept the phone inside my pocket and turned back to get out. As I got close towards the gates. My cell started ringing. I took my cellphone out to see who was calling me at this hour.

It was Ella. I picked up her call and before I could even say hello she started shouting.

"Where the hell have you been? Why weren't you picking up calls? I thought this was a fake marriage for the world you are doing but it looks like your getting involved in it like it your first and last. I haven't been eating or sleeping from the past two-three days let me tell you straight Adolfo. If you get all lovey-dovey with that bitch or I see even a single sign of your feeling growing for her. I swear I will kill her."

I didn't even know when I got inside my bedroom listening to her babbling, complaints, and statements she was making. There was only this one woman who was noisy in my life and I didn't mind killing her if she frustrates me out or makes me angry. But I kept control.

"I lost my cellphone in the maze Ella I just got it now," I said being calm.

"I'm stressed out I need rest" I continued.

"I'll talk with you later," I said and ended the call and laid down on my bed.

Eric POV:-

"It's a bit complicated but as my status is clear I don't mind involving the police in mafia," I said to Max.

"Just because you are not involved in mafia doesn't mean you bring police, think about your dad he's the former leader of the Underworld it will not only destroy Agastinos but also Heston's, Benin's and other small groups" He argued.