Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

It's been almost three years already but Tris's death is still killing me. There are moments I wish it was me instead of her. But I know it's for the best.

George still wants me to be a police officer. Even though I already told him I don't work with guns anymore. I'm still an assistant politician though. But it's not what I want though. I'm thinking of maybe being an author. Or a teacher of some sort. I enjoyed working with the initiates. Especially the last group.

"Tobias?" I heard a knock on the door. I went to open the front door. It was Christina.

"Hi Christina."

"Hey Four. Zeke, Cara, Caleb, Matthew, Amar, George, Shauna, and I were gonna grab something to eat. Care to join us? They're all outside the building."

"Sure." I grabbed my keys and walked out with her.

・・・・

"Hello everybody! My name is Grace and I'll be your waiter today. Shall we start off with drinks?"

"Sure Grace. I'll have a coke." I said.

"Me too." Zeke chimed in.

"Alright then, two cokes..."

"Make it three." Amar said.

"Four." Christina said.

"Yes?"

"I meant a coke, not you." We all laughed.

"So I have four cokes."

"The rest of us will have Dr. Pepper." Matthew said.

"So four cokes and five Dr. Peppers?"

"Correct." Grace left to get our drinks.

"So how's it like, being a policeman?" Asked Cara.

"Fun, but Zeke, Amar, and I wish Four over here would join us." George answered.

"I told you. I'm done with guns."

"Alrighty, you four had they Cokes, and your five had the Dr. Peppers. Right?" Grace asked as she handed us our drinks."

"Right again." I said

"Anything to eat for you guys?" She asked.

"Chocolate cake." I replied.

"And the rest of you?"

"Why not, we will all have some." Zeke said, speaking for the rest of them.

"Alright then." She left to get the cake.

"Do you like your job now though?" George asked me.

"I guess, I'm just not quite sure if it's really what I want though."

"That's understandable."

"What would you considered being then?" Caleb asked me. I looked at him. Even though it had been almost three years, he reminded me so much of Tris.

"I was thinking of maybe being a writer."

"You should right something and see if you like it." Shauna suggested.

"Something about Tris maybe." Christina suggested.

"Maybe." I said as Grace came in with cake.

・・・・

And that's the first chapter guys! What do you think so far? Do you like it? Let me know!