Killian's Little Love

"So, in the past three weeks you have had a daughter, gotten engaged, and bought your first house," I sat criss crossed with Killian resting his head in my lap, staring at the yellow, freshly painted walls in his daughter's soon to be nursery. After buying a house last week and moving boxes over the weekend, we've decided to make this our unpacking week, taking breaks to work on Evelyn's nursery.

Killian clenched his eyes, "Yep. It hasn't been all that bad since my apartment is already sold, and you didn't have to sell anything," he leaned into my touch as I stroked his hair. He closed his eyes, letting out a sigh.

I nodded in agreement, "We should go put together that new bed, so we can actually sleep here tonight," I looked over my hands, yelling paint coating them. Shit. My eyes trailed back to Killian's hair, where globs of yellow paint knotted it. I held in laughter, trying to pull some of the larger clumps out.

"Ow!" He shot up and I pulled my hands back away, "Don't pull out my luscious locks!" He chuckled, placing a hand in his hair and feeling the paint, "Oh, shit," his face fell from the gleeful expression it once was in, "My hair!" He said again in hysterics, "I'm supposed to go and see Evelyn!"

Killian ran out of the room, to the hallway where a mirror was propped against the wall, "Shit!" I heard him yell before dashing to the bathroom. The shower came on and continuous cursing rang down the halls.

I let out my laughter, standing and looking at the yellow walls, "If you're anything like your father Evelyn, I'm going to wish you good luck now."

Hospital

"Is this a friend, Mr. Jones?" The nurse turned to me with a smile, taking a hand and shaking it. I shook her's back, and turned to Killian. No

No, I'm not a friend. I'm his fiance. We're in love and have been in love for years. He cheated on his wife before she killed herself with me. We're the reason that she's dead. I know it. He knows it. Then, just two weeks later, we got in a fight and he proposed. Don't worry, no need to say congratulations, "Yes, I'm a friend," I said through gritted teeth, "Emma. Emma Swan."

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Swan! What a beautiful last name," she turned back to Killian, forgetting about me almost instantly. That's okay, I don't want to talk to you either, "So, Evelyn's been doing great, and we think she's ready for you to hold her. She's breathing on her own without any oxygen tanks, handling diapers, and may even be able to be bottle fed by the end of the week."

Killian looked giddy with excitement, "Yes! That's absolutely wonderful!" He ran a hand through his damp hair, a single piece of yellow paint falling to the ground. We rushed here after he left the shower because visiting hours are closing soon, and he didn't want to miss his first chance to hold Evelyn. He must've not washed it all too well. I tried keeping a straight face, grabbing it off the floor and dropping it in a trash bin, "Painting her nursery," he muttered, whipping around and squatting next to Evelyn.

I followed his lead, "Hey there, pretty girl, I've got your dad's permission. We get a Christmas!" I whispered to her, pressing a hand against the glass. She was awake and turned back to see her father, eyes lighting up in excitement.

Killian stuck his hand through the whole, brushing Evelyn's hair gently, "You've got a full head of hair, don't you?" He leaned in closer, "Just don't get close to paint, love," he chuckled, eyeing me as he did.

"Or just don't be as clumsy as your father," I elbowed Killian.

Evelyn reached her hands up, trying to grab her father's. She's beautiful. All I could ever want, and everything Killian could ever need. He needs her. He needs Evelyn to keep him going. He loves me. He loves the thought of us together, but I can't say I keep him alive. That's Evelyn's job.

The nurse went to the other side of her bassinet, opening the lid and lifting up Evelyn, "Sit down, Mr. Jones," she whispered, pressing Killian's daughter against her chest, "Hello, Evelyn," she smiled at the baby, placing her in KIllian's extended arms.

His face melted, holding her close and cradling her close to him, "Hi there, princess," he choked out, "You're gorgeous, my love."

Evelyn cooed lightly, sinking into her father's arms. He watched her carefully, assuring himself he was holding her correctly. The nurse left the two of us with her, returning back to her desk.

"Wow, Killian," I breathed, squatting next to the two of them, "That's your kid," I smiled, rubbing my thumb against her small foot.

He nodded, sharing the same feeling of complete wonder, "Yeah..." He pressed her closer, Evelyn's warm body pressed against his white, freshly ironed shirt. Liam had left it, and Killian happily took the shirt. He still felt guilty, none the less, and called Liam assuring with him if it was okay he wore it. Liam couldn't remember the shirt he was talking about.

I looked back up at him as he kissed his daughter's forehead. I took out my cellphone, "Smile!" I flashed my own teeth, watching as Killian returned his pearly whites. Evelyn stared at her father, confusion seeming to fall into her baby blue eyes. I smiled, snapping a picture of the two of them, sitting together with a bright pink NICU sign behind, a shelf to it's right. It was lined with pictures of babies that survived being born premature along with their mothers. I frowned, realising Evelyn would never be able to be one. The picture's continued onto the walls, a small sign saying these where not all of the babies that they had helped.

"Visiting hours are coming to a close, but you're more than welcome to come back tomorrow," Another of the nurse's said to us as desk nurse left, grabbing a pair of keys from her drawer on his way out.

Killian nodded his head, giving Evelyn a tight squeeze before handing her over, "Goodbye, my little love."

We left, meeting each other in the hallway. He curled his arm around my waist, pressing himself closer to me. I grinned, draping my arms over his shoulders lazily. KIllian kissed my lips. It was warm and sweet, gentle. It was Killian's kiss. That's the only way to describe it. He left my lips, them tingling without him. I whined slightly, wanting him to stay close. He used his teeth, pulling at my ear. I rubbed together my lips, holding back an odd mixture of a moan and a laugh. He tilted his head lightly, "Home?"

That's right, we have a home. A home of our own.

"Yes, let's go back home." 

I'm trying to add more description, not working very well obviously lol. I was going to go to a writing workshop, but it ended up getting canceled. So, I'm going to continue teaching myself. It's what I love to do, and teaching myself seems to bring a new connection to it. As I write my books, my writing seems to develop with them. 

More than halfway to 2,000 views??? Woop, woop! Thank you so much. I appreciate this so much, you have not idea. This book makes me so happy to write, even if it does take me a few days to write a short chapter. 

I developed some characters of my own (a group of five friends), so I was wondering if anyone would read a book of my own, that wasn't fanfiction? I'm still going to write this and this will still be my prime focus, but I'd like to work on making my own story as well. 

If you read this far, props to you!!

Always open to thoughts and criticism!

-Rose