Gunshot Pt. 2

And then another.

I'm not bleeding. Nothing hurts. I'm fine.

I'm still standing.

Neal's running.

Run

He's leaving, he's left the house.

Did he miss? Did he miss me?

My left hand is gripping onto the bookshelf, trying to steady myself. I let out shaky breaths.

There's blood. It's on my feet. I can feel the drops, dripping. It's not from me.

I forced my eyes to look down, to focus on the body at my feet. It was crumbled, breathing heavily, coughing up blood.

It's Killian.

I dropped to my knees, clutching him, "Killian?" I cried, rolling him over. His stomach had been shot twice. He had jumped in front of me, before I could be shot.

"Killian," I choked out with a cry, "Killian, talk to me."

He didn't say anything. He groaned, grabbing his stomach. I moved his hand away quickly, replacing it with mine, trying to stop the bleeding, "You'll be okay, just stay still."

He closed his eyes. He must have blacked out from the pain. I know I would.

My other hand stroked his hair, "They'll be here soon," I'm trying to stay calm, but I can't. My breathing is just as bad as his. Maybe worse. My vision is blurred with tears. My whole body is trembling. He's been shot.

I let go of his hair and reached into my back pocket. My phone still laid snug, I gripped it with shaky hands, typed in my passcode and went to dial. What do I call? They tell you all the time when you're little. The same three digits over and over again. I can't remember. I'm too shaken up.

Suddenly sirens sounded. I let out a sigh of relief. He must have called on his way over. If only they were here just minutes before, maybe Killian wouldn't have been shot.

Blood continuously flowed, staining his collar shirt. He was going on and on before we left about how he wanted to look nice for the lawyer. He borrowed one of David's suits. Killian was so proud of himself.

I dropped my phone, bringing my hand back to his hair and stroking it carefully. My chest was heaving almost painfully, "Help!" I yelled out carelessly, I want someone here now.

An officer dropped across from me, "Ma'am, are you okay?" He asked, reaching a hand across, onto my shoulder.

"Look at him," I cried, "Look at him!" I shout louder, out of utter shock and terror, "Do something! Help him!"

He lifted me by the arm, "Come on, let's go. You'll see him at the hospital soon, dear."

I shook my head, but walked around Killian's body and let him lead me. I feel like I'm about to fall, like every muscle in my body will stop working. Killian could die.

"Oh my god," I said as he sat me down on the perfect driveway and I slowly came to the realization that this morning could've been the last time I kissed Killian. The last time I held him close. What were my last words to him? I can't remember. Dammit what where they?

For real, goodbye.

If only I hadn't said goodbye. If I had just stayed wrapped in his warm embrace. I'd race him down those stairs a million times if it meant I could be with him.

"Ma'am, please breath. We're going to bring him into the ambulance and take him to the hospital."

"I'm going in the ambulance with him," I muttered, turning and straining my head to see if they've brought Killian out or not.

He sat down next to me, "Okay, that's fine. An officer is going to ask you for a statement, though. Will you be calmer by the time you get to the hospital?"

"I--I don't know! Is this really their biggest concern at the moment?" I asked out of anger. Of all things, that's what he has to say?

I want Killian. I want my Killian. Right now.

And with that, came out four paramedics, wheeling his stretcher. I stood up and ran after to catch up. The police officer was yelling for me to come back, but I didn't care.

We were in the ambulance soon enough, and with a whistle of stirens, we were off. I stayed by his side, holding his hand until my knuckles went white, "I love you..." I continually mumbled to him, "Please wake up."

They had placed a breathing mask over his face, straps messed with his hair. His suit jacket and shirt had been removed, and the bullet path was now fully visible. He was still bleeding, and paramedics rushed around his body, doing everything they can to stop the bleeding.

"Ma'am, can you call a friend to meet you at the hospital? We wouldn't like for you to be alone," a paramedic, Joshua, crouched in front of me and rubbed my knee soothingly.

I nodded, pulling out my phone and punching in David's phone number. Killian would want him here. I want him here. He's the most trusted to call everyone else as well.

The phone began to ring and he quickly picked up, "Hello? Emma?"

"David... I need you to come to the hospital. Something happened... with Killian. I'll explain when you get here," I sucked in a breath after saying it, forcing myself not to cry.

"Okay... okay, I'm on my way, I'll call the others."

I hung up the phone instantly, focusing on Killian again. Joshua had taken a seat next to me while I was on the phone. "Why aren't you helping?" I asked him, not tearing my eyes from Killian even for a second.

"I'm an intern," he smiled lightly, "I'm here more for "observation of the medical field"," He explained, and I could feel his eyes on me.

"Oh," I nodded, beginning to relax a little more, just having a normal conversation. I wonder what he does in his free time, or if he has a girlfriend. He looks to be young. My age, maybe a little bit older.

A loud beep rang through the ambulance. Everyone ran around more, "What's that mean?" I questioned, fear growing in me, running through my veins.

"He's conscious. You may want to say hi now, they'll be medicating him and putting him back to sleep, the pain will be too much."

I nodded, mumbled a thank you, and sprang from my seat. I stood next to him, his eyes were open, grasping for something to focus on, "Killian, it's me. I'm right here. I won't leave your side, I promise."

A paramedic forced some pills into his mouth, and within minutes his eyes shut again. 

********************

Alright, forgive me if I mess up some medical things or whatever, I'm not a doctor, but I'm trying my best!! If you have any corrections, feel free to comment and I'll revise the story with the correct term/ medical procedure/ whatever. 

Thoughts? Criticism?