Gunshot Pt. 1

"Is this Neal?" Milah's voice ran through the phone. It was amazingly collected, for having found out her husband was cheating on her just yesterday.

Neal tilted his head slightly, "This would be...?"
"Milah. Killian's wife." You could almost hear her smile through the phone. Smell the anger across the ocean.

"Ah yes, Mrs. Jones. Why are you calling me?" He emptied some wine into a glass, falling back into his chair and lifting his feet onto his desk, "I'm not too fond of your husband."

"Neither am I, recently," she paused, "Do you know of Killian and Emma's... affair?" Milah shuffled back and forth on her kitchen floor, her left hand brushing up and down the bulge of her stomach. She's five months along. Milah wanted to wait and tell her husband for his birthday, that'd be next month. Alas, Liam spoiled the surprise. No shocker there, that big mouth.

It was in that moment his blood boiled. The moment everything fell into place. Why he was always around. Why he cared so much for what he did to his Emma, "Thank you for informing me, Mrs. Jones."

He hung up the phone, going to his voicemail. Seven left from Emma in the past day. Neal turned on the latest one.

"Hi, Neal. This is Emma, if you can't tell..." She cleared her throat, "Well, I'm coming by to collect my stuff, in fact, I'm about to leave. So... don't know if you'll be there or not, but I'm coming by. See you, Neal."

His face was red with anger, veins wanting to pop from his forehead. He stood up, racing to his bookshelf. Their, on the eighth shelf sat a key. He grabbed it, running back over to his desk and dropping to his knees. He inserted the key in it's snug home, twisting the lock open to reveal just what he's looking for.

A gun.

"You don't have to do this, Emma," Killian muttered, following after me, "I can come with you."

I shook my head, "I'm doing this... alone," I raised myself on my toes, planting a kiss on his cheek.

I'm going back to Neal's to collect my stuff. I don't know if he'll be there, or not, he's been rejecting all my calls. And text. Emails.

Killian's been insisting he needs to come with me, for "safety concerns". I think he's just giddy we get to have a causal relationship.

He begs to differ.

"You still going to meet that lawyer?" I asked, slipping into sneakers Regina bought me for a "congrats on breaking up with your sex buddy and instead asking him out" gift. They're brand new, black with a white Nike symbol down the side.

Killian nodded, wrapping me in a bear hug and kissing my hair, "Speaking of which, I need to go."

"Bye," I mumbled, looking up and connecting my lips to his, "Call me when you're done, okay?"

"Mhm," he hummed, letting go of me.

We shuffled out the door, racing the other down the fire escape, "I win!" Killian chuckled, waiting for me at the bottom.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

Ruby obnoxiously honked her horn, "Come on, lovebirds!" She yelled, "Granny will most certainly kill me if I'm late again!"

"I'm coming!" I screeched back, "For real, goodbye," I giggled, pecking his lips and dashing off.

He waved his hand, turning and walking to his own car. I slid into Ruby's passenger seat, dropping my bag on the highly unsanitary car floor, "So, you and Killian...?"