David's Conversation

I woke up next to Liam, fully clothed, with a massive headache. I groaned, clutching my head and trying to remember last night.

Everything came back in a bundle of memories, with a rush of emotions. I let out a small whimper, remembering Killian. I rolled to my side, grasping for my phone on the nightstand. A pink sticky note caught my attention instead.

Mary Margaret told me. You and Liam? I'm downstairs, coffee ready. We obviously need to catch up.

-Ruby

I sighed, left the note and flipped over, grabbing Liam's arm and shaking it.

Nothing happened between the two of us, I just didn't want to be left alone. I needed to wake up to light snoring.

But his snoring isn't light.

I needed to wake up to someone whispering good morning.

He doesn't do that.

I needed Killian.

No one else is him.

"I'm awake," he grumbled, sitting up, "My head burns."

I nodded in agreement, leaving the bed and throwing my hair into a ponytail, "Mary Margaret has hangover coffee downstairs. Are you leaving soon?"

"Good morning to you too," he paused. I didn't laugh. "Yes, just let me grab a coffee and I'll be out."

"Thank you," I muttered, slipping on socks. Something about almost having sex with my pretty much ex's brother makes me feel naked, but alive nonetheless.

I should be much more embarrassed. But no. It's an amazing feeling that tingles through my body. Sure, part of me is embarrassed, but I'm also living.

I could feel his presence behind me. I can't believe I tried to fuck him, on the other hand. God, I hate my drunk self. I ruined any chance I had with Killian. I completely embarrassed myself infront of Liam. Right when I thought my life was coming back together, it crumbled even worse.

"Can you do me a favor, Emma?" Liam's voice is laced with much more seriousness than before. Maybe because he realized how annoyed I am, or maybe he's just as annoyed.

"Depends on what it is..." I turned to face him.

"Just... forget about this? Please?"

"About what?" I grinned.

He smiled, embracing me in a hug, "Friend?" He mumbled into my hair. He smells really good, it's a natural scent, obviously, we just woke up.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" David's voice rang. I pulled away, looking back at an extremely confused David.

I shoved Liam away lightly, he scuffed my hair and mouthed a "good luck", "Thanks," I whispered back.

David cleared his throat, drawing my attention back to him, "Nothing happened between us," I insisted as Liam went down the stairs, attempting to put on socks at the same time.

A loud crash rumbled through the house, followed by a string of curse words, "Just me!" Liam yelled, "Sorry! I'm going, promise!"

I giggled lightly, before seeing David's disapproving look and clasping a hand over my mouth, "David! I'm serious! Nothing happened."

He crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows. His eyes were wide with curiosity, "You sure? Absolutely nothing?"

I sighed, "I tried, but Killian caught us, and after that we just realized it was... wrong, and didn't do anything."
I almost hope something could've happened. If I'm going to feel guilty, at least it could be more than a kiss.

Honestly, the only regret I have is telling Killian I'm better off without him. How? I can't go on. I wasn't even able to survive the night without him by my side. I don't know how I was able to live all that time with him in Ireland. Now, I'll have to. He chose his wife. He chose his kid. That's good. He's going to have a life. My life, on the other hand, is continuing to spiral off it's path, and there's nothing I can do to stop it. All I can do is sit by and watch it fall.

"Okay." This is what I love about David. He doesn't pry. He believes me. David took a seat at the end of the bed, falling back and dropping his arms next to him, "Ruby and Mary Margaret left, they were waiting on you but I convinced them you should just sleep."

I fell next to him, "Thanks," I gave a small smile, staring up at the ceiling, "It's best that Killian and I don't see one another. Right?"

"If you're doubting your choice, it's more likely false."

"What words of wisdom," I groaned, pulling my hair back forcefully.

We sat in silence for what felt like forever, staring at the empty ceiling above us. I wonder what's going through David's head. Is he thinking that I am really just a whore? I know that's what I would think of myself. If we're really looking at it, I've slept with three different men in the past few weeks: Neal, Killian, and yes, I will count Liam for this dramatic effect.

My mind wandered, not focusing on anything but random thoughts. Will Ruby play twenty questions with me on Killian later? Will Mary Margaret tell me how bad she feels for me? Is Killian thinking about me? Has he thought about me ever since Milah showed up? I'll have to plaster a fake smile and tell her I'll be alright. Even though I won't. But still, I say I'll move on and tell her thanks for caring.

David's phone beeped obnoxiously, breaking our silence. I sighed, sitting up as he did. He froze, reading over a text.

He dropped his phone onto the mattress, turning to face me, "That was... Killian," he stood from the bed, "He's in the airport with Milah."

I nodded, not able to mustard words. If I could just see him one more time. Feel his hands on me again, his lips connecting with mine. Just for the last time. So we can end whatever we are still loving one another.

That won't happen. He's given me up. He's given us up.

He gave up. It got too messy for him, he can't do it. He can't handle us. Maybe If I get a second away with him from Milah he'll reconsider, but that makes me hate him. My Killian isn't the Killian Milah knows. Maybe that's the real one. Maybe I don't know him as well as I think I do.

That doesn't mean I can't miss him. I can miss the Killian I remember.

I could feel David's eyes on me, trying to read me and memorize this mood of mine. Through blurry vision, I focused my eyes on David's hand as he reached into his back pocket, grabbing his keys and dumping them into my hands, "Go say goodbye, Emma."

"No... no, I can't," I sucked in a breath, allowing a tear to fall down my cheek, more followed as they rolled down my face, "I need to forget about him."

He clamped my hand shut, allowing the keys to linger in my grasp, "Don't kid yourself, Emma. Killian's not an easy face to forget. Now, go get him," David began crying too. I pulled him into a hug, wetting his shoulder as he did the same to mine.

"Thank you, David. Thank you," I laughed lightly. I ran to his car, wondering if I was okay to drive. I laughed the whole way to myself, thinking of how insane my life is.

And then I was there, in the Airport parking lot. 

*****************************

Anyone else love David too much? KIDDING YOU CANT LOVE THAT DORK TOO MUCH! But really, he's my favorite Charming, even over Emma. And I mean, Emma if you and Killian ever fall out of touch, I'd be down for Charming and Killian. lmao no no I'm kidding I love my babies. 

Speaking of babies, do you think there will be a CS child in season 7?

"He's A Gay Pirate", anyone? No? Just me? Okay..

I'm going to delete my author's note now, also.

Thoughts? Criticism?

-Rose