"I think I now know who you're referring too. Gosh, it wasn't suppose to happen this way..." Amwa says, while covering her eyes with her hands.

I take a step close to her with concern in my green eyes. "Amwa what's going on?"

"That lion you met earlier King Kovu is your son."

Kiara cocked her head to the side. "Son? What in the world..."

I furrow my brows. "No, that's impossible! I don't have another son. I only have one and that's Makosa. We all know Heri is dead. That was many years ago! We've moved passed that Amwa. You were at the service!"

Amwa took her hands off her eyes and made direct eye contact with me. She looks very serious. "No. He is alive!"

"Who?" I ask.

"No...it can't be..." Kiara says, her reddish brown eyes now tearing up. "My baby...it's been too long. Amwa please don't play with our emotions!"

"I am not my Queen. I wouldn't make up something like this. It is very well true! I've been taking care of Heri since his return. He's been staying at my tree for days and now he's living in a cave not too far from here."

I growl angrily. "And you didn't tell us?!"

Amwa frightened quickly climbed up her tree to the highest branch. Kiara rushed over to me and placed her head underneath my chin.

"Kovu relax! It's not Amwa's fault okay. If you want answers, you have to ask more calmly and respectfully. Maybe she was going to tell us at the right time." She said in a soft tone. "At least we know our son is alive and healthy."

"That's if he's our son, Kiara. It could be a mistake!"

"Amwa? What's going on here?" A voice asks.

We all turn our heads to the tall grass. A male lion steps out. He has light peach-ish fur, light beige muzzle, underbelly and paws, black nose, emerald green eyes, muscle body, and a dark brown mane.

Kiara stood frozen. I stand in front of her, guarding her like a shield and growl loudly at the male. It's the same one that I've seen earlier.

"Kiara, stay back!" I warn.

"Don't your majesty! You'll really regret this one." Said Amwa, yelling from her tree above.

"I do regret it. I regret letting him go with just a threat."

The male lion backs away from us slowly. Strangely, he doesn't fight. He looks frightened and doesn't show his claws or even a growl.

"Kovu wait!" Kiara said.

She steps out from behind me.

I frown at her. "I thought I told you to stay back!"

She rolls her eyes. "I am not a cub! I know how to defend for myself. I want to see something..."

Kiara walks slowly and carefully up to the strange  lion. She squints her eyes at him.

I keep my eyes on him incase he makes any sudden attacks at her. She is my wife and my duty is protect her at all costs. That was my promise to Simba before he died.