Hahaha...what? I'm not going anywhere with this guy.

"The Institute is a place for Shadowhunters by the way. They're not fond of Down Worlders or Mundanes—especially Mundanes— staying there, but I'm going to guess you're an exception."

B, you're funny if you think I'm going anywhere near a place with people who harmed my f-

"I'm going to let you talk now. You only get one question for now so don't blow it." Then he snapped his fingers.

I took in a long breath, trying my hardest not to blow up on him once I got my voice back. "I know you said not all Nephilim are bad, but what do you mean by bad? Like—and this is still part of that same question— is there a group of bad ones or are some like just naturally twisted? Because I thought they were part angel...?"

"You'll learn about that at the Institute. It's their business to tell." He stood up, making his way to the door. "Now let's hurry and-"

"I'm not going."

Magnus stopped, mid-stride and turned to look at me with an 'excuse me bitch' look. This guy could have a comedy tv show just with people classifying his facial expressions. "What did you say?"

I stood up so I wouldn't have to look up at him. We were almost eye level with my height of 5'8. "I'm not going. I was told to go to New York and find Raphael, not some institute. Luckily enough, here we are in Brooklyn and that's where he lives. So while you go play with your spell book, I have some Vampires to find."

I was about to walk past him, but he grabbed my bicep, turning me around to face him. "Valentine is looking for you. I get that you don't know who he is, so you know what you're up against, but I assure you that you will do much better under the protection of Shadowhunters than Vampires. No offense to Down Worlders, but the institute is much safer."

"Protection from what?"

Silence. A good two awkward minutes of it.

"Fine, if you won't answer that, than at least answer me this. Why do you care so much? I'm a "regular human" from Georgia and you're apparently the High Warlock of Brooklyn. I'd like an explanation."

"I owe your mother some favours. Let's just put it that way."

I sucked in a breath at the mention of her and cast my gaze down. I hated talking or even thinking about her. The nightmares were bad enough and I sure as hell don't need visions clouding my mind in the day too.

"Athena-"

"Don't. Just take me to the damn institute so I can get this over with. But I'm not staying."

He gave me a small nod. "As you wish."And then with the swish of his hands, there was a freaking portal in front of me. "Take my hand."

I did and the next thing I knew, I was standing outside an abandoned church. "Ok is this some kind of game because I swear to God, M-"

"Magnus!" Two boys appeared in front of us, one blonde, and one with black hair, both of them beautiful. I mean yes, they were hot, but it was like pure beauty. Especially the blonde. Just saying.

"Who is this?" The blonde inquired.

"Jace, Alec. This is H-Athena Westchester." Wow did he bring so many people here that he forgot my name or something?

"She's the wanted Mundie I presume." The black haired boy spoke.

"Nah shit, Alec." The blonde deadpanned, before turning to me. "Athena, I'm Jace Wayland and this is the annoying ass hat, Alec Lightwood."

"Takes one to know one." Alec muttered under his breath, and I couldn't help but chuckle. I received a glare from both of them in return.

Magnus coughed awkwardly, sending me a look to say something. "Right, well it's a pleasure to meet the both of you and I still don't know why I'm here so since the High Warlock of Brooklyn here couldn't explain, could one of you two do the honours?"

"You're here because Valentine has his heart set on getting you and it's our job to protect Mundanes such as yourself from people like him."

"Uh huh. Interesting. So protection from what exactly? What does he expect me to do for him?"

"You're saying you don't know why Valentine wants you and why we should be protecting you?" Alec snapped.

"Uhhh...yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Of course the Mundie doesn't know." he sighed, clearly annoyed. What the hell was his problem?

"Alright listen, jackass." I raised my voice gathering his attention.

"Athena, just ca-"

"Zip it, Warlock." I didn't mean to be rude; Magnus was just trying to help, but I'd had enough bullshit for one night. Turning my gaze back to Alec, I said, "I don't know what your problem is, frankly I don't care, but cut your shit. I didn't ask to be here, alright? Not more than thirty minutes ago, I witnessed my family get slaughtered and the closest thing I'd ever had to a father get fucking decapitated by one of your own. Then I was portaled to fucking Brooklyn and am now standing in front of you two who apparently have no idea what's going on. So cut the attitude because if anyone should be pissed off right now, it's me. Sorry if you don't want me here, wasn't exactly my choice."

The three were rendered speechless. Alec looked taken aback, Magnus had that–whatever look Magnus has, and Jace was standing there looking me up and down with a flipping smirk on his face.

"Would you like to come inside, Athena?" he asked, still amused.

I gave him a fake smile. "It's Thea and thanks for the offer. Maybe someone'll actually know what the hell is going on." I muttered that last part.

His smirk only widened as he held a hand out towards me. "Alright then, Thea, follow me."

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm going to try to update either every day or every two days depending on the views.

Feel free to comment and/or vote! Xx

~Leeanna :)