Chapter Six: Whatever You're Doing IS My Kinda Thing

Recap:

“move over.” I repeated. He did as I told him this time. I made myself comfortable with my pillows and covered myself with my blanket.

                “Sophie, you don’t have to—“

                “Here.” I handed him my ipod. “in case the movie finishes before you fall asleep.”

He shut up and took it. “Thanks princess.”

I smiled up at him then rolled over to face the TV. I was asleep before the opening credits were through.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up there was something heavy holding me to the bed. I faintly remembered last night, how I fell asleep in Travis’s bed so I wasn’t too surprised by that when I woke up, but I was surprised that when I opened my eyes a very topless Travis was under my head. Not to mention that his arm was slung over me. I was, at least, still above his sheet and covered with my throw. For a minute I just laid there first panicking and then another minute just enjoying the feel of him. I decided, eventually, that if I kept laying there inhaling his scent that he’d think I was a freak. So I gently unwrapped his arms from around me, well I attempted to anyway. The second I started moving his arms tightened around me. Crap. After I though he had fallen back asleep I tried again.

“Princess?” His voice was husky from sleep.

Crap. “Yes?” I whispered.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to get up.”

“Ten more minutes. Please. I just got comfortable.” He reasoned in his still husky voice. How could I say no to that?

“Alright.” I whispered back. I let myself get comfortable again.  I started at his chest for a while. I mean who could blame me it was right under my head. I watched it rise then fall as his breathing slowed. Then I moved on to studying his 6 pack, again who could blame me. I bit my lip, this could not be healthy for me. I touched the blanket that covered just to his waist. Without my brains full consent one of my fingers grazed the skin right above the blanket. It was smooth and taut and absolutely amazing and again my thumb skimmed across his skin.

Before I could do anything else Travis’s took my hand in his and rested them both on his chest. Crap. I risked a glance up at him, his eyes were still closed but he was smirking and he shook his head. “Princess, you’re making it impossible to sleep.” He shook a little with laughter. “Not to mention that you are totally eye raping me.”

Oh god, could this get worse? I could have denied it but what would that do? “Sorry?” I offered.

His smile got even wider. His hand was still on mine on his chest and he was playing with my fingers. “How’s your boyfriend doing?” his tone was almost cocky.

”My boyfriend?” I asked a little dazed.

“Yeah.” He laughed and nodded toward the picture of Skylar.

Maybe now would be a good time to clarify things… “Listen Travis, Skylar and I are—“

Before I could finish Travis was hovering over me again. “I get it, you guys are happy.” He smiled down at me, but it didn’t look genuine.  He reached under his pillow and pulled out my ipod and handed it to me “I like your taste in music,” He kissed my forehead right under my hair line “Thanks again princess.” And then he was off of me headed toward the bathroom.

∞∞∞

Travis

            Of course she was happy, any idiot could tell that. The way she was smiling in that picture…well I have yet to see her smile like that with me. I ran my hand through my hair several times in frustration. I’d been done showering about five minutes ago but I wasn’t ready to face her again.