Chapter Three: Can We Start Over?

Recap:

“You’re not getting out that easily.”

“Travis.” I said exasperated.

“Princess.” He countered. We were in a stare off and for a second I saw him falter. He sighed and I thought that he would let me go. But instead he reached out his hand to tuck a stand of hair behind my ear. Despite my anger I noticed the tingle on my skin where his fingers had brushed my cheek. It startled me, both the action and my reaction.

I think he could see it on my face because his smug smile was back in full force. “It won’t be as bad as you think.” I still just stared at him a mix of emotions running through me but mostly I was fuming. He was refusing to switch roommates because it was what I wanted. I couldn’t wait until I got that call from Maggie to let me know of a new room opening. I didn’t know what he was trying to pull with the whole ‘brush the hair out of your face’ act. “Night princess.” I really couldn’t stand him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I woke up the next morning to a male voice calling my name. I was confused at first because it wasn't my dad or my brother and then I remembered I was in the dorms. I rolled over and covered my head with the pillow. "I know you hear me Sophie. Wake up." the voice was getting closer so I pushed the pillow harder on my head. I heard him chuckle standing beside me. "Alright princess, I tried it the nice way, just remember that when you’re yelling at me."

                My eyes shot open as he pulled my blanket back and lifted me off the bed. I squealed in shock and began squirming. "Travis, put me down!" I caught sight of the clock while I was trying to break free, it was only 8:30. "It's Sunday…why do I need to be up this early?! And what have I told you about the nicknames?"

                After holding me thrown over his shoulder for a few more seconds he lightly tossed me on his bed and gave me a chiding look but I could see that he was trying to hold back a laugh. He was amused by the whole situation. "I’ve decided on princess, it suites you so you better get used to it." I decided there was no use it arguing it; he made it clear that he wasn't going to stop and I was just too tired.

                I took a few minutes to stare at him. His hair was the same way it looked yesterday but he wore dark blue jeans and a white shirt that was just tight enough to give me a good look at his arms and chest. My eyes started to travel down when I heard him chuckle. When he smiled cockily at me I was aware that he caught me checking him out. Who could blame me? Sure his attitude and personality sucked but no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t hate the way he looked. My cheeks flushed pink before I resorted to irritation. "Mind telling me what this is all about?"  To my surprise he let it go and disappeared into the kitchen, coming back a few seconds later carrying two cups and a brown paper bag. He held one of the cups out to me and I sat up to grab it. "I got breakfast. I got you hot chocolate, is that okay?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

                I looked up at him questioningly. He had to have been joking; you don’t get breakfast for someone you hate. I cautiously eyed the cup he held out to me, while he sat down at the desk and took a sip of his drink. Maybe this was a prank. It wouldn’t be below him to have mixed water and mud then pass it off as a drink…or maybe he put salt in it, that was a classic. "For crying out loud! It's safe." He pushed the cup to me again rolling his eyes.

                "Thanks." I said taking a sip. The liquid that hit my tongue was the perfect temperature and it was by far the best hot chocolate I had ever had. "This is amazing. Where did you get it?"