Chapter Two: No.

Recap: 

               I looked back at Travis to find him smirking at me. “oh no worries babe. I’m sure we’ll have tons of fun.”

                I’m not sure why, but that kind of worried me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Two:       

                “Again its Sophie…and should I be worried?” I said flatly

                “Sophie is too formal, and very.” He replied smirk still evident on his face.

                “and you think ‘babe’ is appropriate?” I didn’t even bother to reply to the second half of our conversation.

                “If you don’t like it I can think of some other nick names what about pumpkin.” He said thoughtfully.

                “first off nick names are supposed to be shorter than the original name.  Second no, unless you want me to call you idiot or asshole.”

                “Hey, that’s mister asshole to you.” He pointed at me sternly.

                This effectively made me shake my head in annoyance. “listen if you don’t like Sophie than your only other option is Soph.”

                “That’s so boring, but whatever you want princess.”  He winked at me. I just scowled. “I mean Soph.”

                “Are you gonna continue to be annoying or is this a onetime deal?” I was pretty uneasy about sharing a room with a guy that I didn’t know…at all. I made a mental note to have Ava do some digging for me later. So far what I gathered was that he was a self-centered egotistical jerk.

                “Sorry that’s just who I am Soph.”

                I rolled my eyes and stood up. “I think we need to set some ground rules.”

                “You know I was thinking the same thing. I absolutely LOVE rules.” He said sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

                I ignored him. “Rule one: Quit it with the pet names.” He rolled his eyes and I could already tell this would be an issue. “Rule two: This side of the room is mine,” I drew an imaginary line between our beds. “and that’s yours. Imagine this line as the median on the freeway…cross it and you’ll get hurt. The bathroom and kitchenette are common ground. Rule three: if you make a mess clean it up. And rule four: don’t touch my stuff. As long as you stick to those I think well be good.”

                “Yes ma’am” Travis said.  “Now, I only have one rule… if there is a rubber band on the door, be a good little roommate get lost for like a few hours, and I’ll do the same for you.”

                Oh god. “This is going to be impossible!”

                Again he smirked.  “I think I’m gonna like this…Cheap entertainment.” As I fell back on my bed he stood up. “Well Soph. it’s been great chatting with you but I have plans tonight. Your more than welcome to join, I’m sure my friends would get a kick out of you.” He continued smiling while putting on his sweatshirt.

                “Thanks. But I think I’ll pass.” I rolled my eyes.

                “Suit yourself… Bye princess.”  And he ran out the door before I could remind him, again, about rule one.