Chapter Five: Thanks Princess

Recap:

“Let the pieces fall where they may. Don’t mess with it. Be yourself and things will work themselves out. If he wants to just be friends, well then hun your strong you’ll get better. But maybe you’re wrong. Maybe this is something that’s bigger than the both of us.” I nodded. She was right, maybe I didn’t feel like it now but time would heal my hurt if I was right about him. On the other hand I considered the slight possibility that I was wrong. The idea of him actually liking me scared me but it also sent a flurry of butterflies through my stomach. If that happen well…I guess we’d just have to see and no doubt Ava would never let it go that she called it from day one. “and one more thing.”

                “What’s that?” I asked confused.

                “You have to introduce me to the group of Greek gods.” Typical Ava.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

                When Ava and I left the coffee shop it looked a lot later than it was, the sky was coved in grey and it was starting to rain. Somewhere in the distance I heard a roll of thunder. We said our good byes and I darted for the shelter of the building. I didn’t necessarily know how to get back to my dorm, but eventually I figured it out. By the time I walked through the door it was about 6. I didn’t know what to expect when I got back. I was half hoping Travis would be there just so I could see him and half hoping he wouldn’t be so I could continue to wallow in self-pity. My talk with Ava really helped. I decided that I really couldn’t avoid Travis, and I didn’t really want to. So I was just going to act as normal as possible and let life happen.

                “Lucy! I’m home!” I called when I walked through the door. I took off my jacket that was dampened by rain and attempted to fix my hair, which was soaked. I immediately saw Travis pacing back and forth between our beds, cell phone in hand. He looked extremely worried, which scared me. I wondered if something happened to Riley but I didn’t even get a chance to ask before he attacked me.

                “Soph! Where the hell have you been? Are you okay?” he held my shoulders steady while searching my face.

                “A little wet but other than that I’m fine…you?” I asked unsure.

                “I’ve called and texted you literally ten times! Your class got out like two hours ago, and when an hour went by and you weren’t back I got worried and called Luke but he said he hadn’t seen you since he dropped you at your art class…and then I tried your cell and it just kept ringing. God. I though you just got lost but then I started thinking you got kidnapped or something and then it started raining and the thunder…do you know that there’s a huge storm headed this way?! I was about to call security for crying out loud!” it was all one long sentence I wasn’t even sure what he was saying made sense but I got the gist of it.

                 “Sorry? And no I didn’t.”

                “Sorry? All you have to say is sorry? Where were you?”

                “I was with Ava. We got coffee and talked. I haven’t seen her since Saturday and I had a lot on my mind. I guess I forgot to take my phone off of silent. Why were you so worried anyway? It’s not even dark out and the rain isn’t that bad yet.”

                He was silent for a second; I assumed he was just calming down. “You’re drenched. Do you want to tell me again how the rain isn’t that bad?  Did it even cross your mind to let me know you were going to be late?” he was angry but he was still considerate enough to grab me a towel and one of his sweat shirts. I didn’t notice until then that I was shaking with how cold I was.