"They know better" he fires back.

"They know better" I exclaim. "Are you serious? You expect them to lie for us?"

"It's not that big of a lie" he shrugs making my jaw drop open.

"It's how we met" I shout. "Are you ashamed of me?"

"That is ridiculous. You know I love you."

I nod. "Fine. Then it's yourself you're ashamed of. Is that it? You don't want to disappoint mommy and daddy so I'm your dirty little secret."

"You're not a secret" he rolls his eyes. "You're blowing this completely out of proportion."

"I don't have time for this" I shake my head. "I have an appointment to get to" I add as I brush past him.

"Well wait up" he says as he catches up to me but I stop in my tracks and look him dead in the eyes.

"You aren't coming" I say bluntly making his eyes widen in surprise.

"What?"

"You. Aren't. Coming" I repeat slowly. "When I woke up this morning you were going to be a dad but I'm not so sure anymore" I add bluntly as I grab my jacket and storm out of the house.

*************************************************************************************

"Peaches I'm so sorry" Riley says softly as we sit in the waiting room. I had told her about my awful morning with Josh after I finally stopped crying. My eyes were puffy and I felt light-headed since I didn't end up eating my breakfast.

"It's not your fault" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "I just don't understand him. Does he want me to lie to your family forever? We get married, have more kids and they still think I'm just a friend of yours that he ran into. I don't care if they hate me, I'd rather be hated and have them know the truth than live a lie for the rest of my life."

"I'm sorry" she says again as she squeezes my hand. "But at least you still have me" she adds making me chuckle as I lean my head on her shoulder.

"I love you Riles."

"Love you too Peaches" she replies sweetly as my name is called. We stand up and we're guided down a long hallway to the exam room. The nurse asks me standard questions and I get through them as best as I can, trying not to let my mind wander to Josh too much. After the questioning the nurse leaves and tells us that the doctor will be in soon.

"Can you hand me my phone?" I ask Riley. She nods and hands me my cell. I unlock it and find twenty-six missed calls from Josh and one simple text that reads, call me.

"He call?"

"Oh yea" I reply as I hand her back my phone. "He deserves to be ignored for a while." She nods in agreement as the doctor walks in with a large smile on her face.

"Hello Maya" she says brightly. "I'm Dr. Jennings. It's very nice to meet you."

"You too" I reply politely.

"And this young woman is?" she asks curiously, motioning to Riley.

"My best friend" I reply.

"Is the father in the picture?"

"It's yet to be seen" I reply bluntly. She nods in understanding.

"Well I hope it all works out" she smiles. "Are you ready to see your baby?" she asks excitedly. I nod as she reaches for the gel for my stomach. She lifts my shirt and turns on the monitor. "So what's going to happen is I'm going to put this on your belly and then I'm going to use this wand to find your baby. How does that sound?"