Leonis, 1:1, 2:12 - Part Two

Part Two:

The sun was setting and Parker could feel the temperature dropping.

"The next thing that looks decent, I guess..." He muttered, almost annoyed. Parker had been walking for nearly an hour, half-expected, half-hoping to run into some hikers, or at the very least, a hiking trail. But there was nothing. Trees and thick foliage surrounded him on all sides...

Was this whole area uninhabited? Why did that bear attack them? Where was he? Is it starting to rain? His thoughts swirling, Parker trudged on, his eyes fixed on the dead leaves crunching at his feet while fat rain drops began coating the top of his head. He was so lost on the thought of being lost that he almost walked right past a small, man-sized cave that had formed in the trunk of a large tree.

"Oh, well... I guess that'd be fine." Parker said, realizing he needed to calm down. He walked over to inspect the structure. It would shelter him, but he was going to have to find a way to rid it of bugs. Looking around, he spotted a large stick. He picked it up and drove it through all of the spider webs, twisting and turning it until all the webs were gone and the end of the stick looked like gross cotton candy.

That would have to do for now.

Parker tucked himself into the trunk of the tree and set his bag down next to him. 'Just in time...' He thought as the rain outside began to beat down mercilessly on the old wood that sheltered him. It looked like he would be there for a while...

~

"Parker, my sweet, there you are! Oh, such a big boy!" said a very pretty woman with curly dark hair. She entered the strange room through a white door.

"I can't stand. What's going on here?"

Parker watched as the woman leaned in and placed her face close to his.

"Mom?" he asked aloud, but the word he uttered came from another voice. Parker felt his body lift into the air. He glanced around the room. It was a room he had seen only in pictures.

"Franklin, honey? Where are you guys?" Parker's mother looked him in the face again. This time closer. She kissed him on the cheek and then spoke to him in a rather condescending voice. "Where did that Grandpa of yours run off to, Parkey? Is he out there looking at the full moon, again?"

"Grandfather? Why are you asking about that nut? Where am I? Mom?"

"Oh, are you talking to mama? Oh, come on...MA...MA...you can do it..."

~