Chapter 18: Family Bonding Experience

Natsu's POV:
"Zeref you should hate me, I'm the cause of your death after all. If I didn't run off trying to---"

"Natsu!! Enough!! It wasn't your fault stop blaming yourself!!" Zeref sobbed hugging me in his arms which proved a bit difficult considering he was in the form in which he died.

Here I am a 20 something year old man hugging my big brother who's the age of 10.

"Why don't you hate me Zeref?" I asked still curious.

"Why should I hate you? It was an accident Natsu. Nothing was your fault" Zeref said with a smile of reassurance.

I look to see our mother and father with the same type of smile on their faces. "You guys don't hate me neither?"

"Of course not son" Father said.
"We love you Natsu" Mother said, embracing me.

"I'm so proud of you son and the man you've grown up to be. I know it was hard without us, but you didn't let that discourage you"

"I..It wasn't easy mother" I sobbed into her shoulder.

"Shh, shh, it's alright. I know it was hard son. Trust me mama knows" Mother said soothing me.

"M-Mommy" I whined hugging her tight not wanting to let her go.

Flashbacks plagued my mind, remembering when I was at school it was recess.

I remember my teacher Mrs. Apple Bottom running towards me in tears.

I remember calling her a liar saying to stop saying that. "My parents aren't dead! They aren't! I just saw them this morning, they can't be dead!" I screamed, shaking my head trying to break out of her grip.

I remember the fatal trip to the hospital. I remember the anger and resentment I felt towards the person who killed my parents just because they chose to text and drive.

The girl was merely an 17 year old girl who had just gotten her license but I didn't care. All I know is that she was a murderer.

With no family to look after me, I ended up in freaking foster care. It was a nice place, but I still hated it there, why because it wasn't home.

The teen who took my parents would write me and send me occasional gifts I shredded the letters and either threw away the gifts or gave them away.

If it wasn't for Gramps adopting me, I don't know where I'd be at right now. Laxus his grandson really couldn't stand me at first and I couldn't really stand him, but as time progressed we learned to tolerate one another and evidently grew to love one another like brothers.

I'm drawn out of memory lane feeling the arms of my father and brother embracing me.

"Natsu.." The sweet, calm, collected voice of my mother said.

"Yes, mother?" I replied, still having my face pressed on her shoulder.

"As much as we'd like to stay like this with you we can't" Mother said a tint of sadness was in her voice.