Chapter 17: Tragedy

3rd POV:
The two boys decided to go out to enjoy the beautiful sunny spring day after the massive rain storm the previous night.

One boy had pink spiky whereas the other had raven black hair.

"Natsu, Zeref you two boys be careful out there, there's still an immense amount of water left over from the rain storm" The voice of a woman in her late twenties warned.

"Yes, ma'am" The two boys said to their mother.

Both of them gave their mother a kiss goodbye not knowing that one of them wouldn't make it back alive.

"Man the sun is bright" Natsu said blocking the sun's rays with his arm.

"Yeah, it sure is Natsu, but it's good to be able to see another day, especially after that massive rain storm that nearly flooded our town" Zeref said with a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, t-...GAH!" Natsu squelched slipping in mud.

"N-Natsu?! Hey, are you o-o-k-k...pff!" Zeref asked, trying not to laugh at his now mud covered brother.

"Haha, very funny!" Natsu scoffed.

"I'm s-sorry Natsu HAHA but you look r-ridiculous!" Zeref laughed.

Natsu growled and threw a big blob of mud at Zeref hitting him square in the face.

"What the heck Natsu!" Zeref growled wiping off the mud.

"Ha! Serves you right!" Natsu laughed sticking his tongue out.

"I'm going to get you Natsu!" Zeref yelled, then charged at his brother.

"You're way too slow to catch me Zeref" Natsu mocked as he ran away from his brother.

"We'll see about that!" Zeref said with a cocky grin giving chase.

The two brothers laughed as they chased after one another.

"Haha, I told ya you're s---" Natsu paused, seeing his brother right behind him.

"What the...There's no wa--aaaaiiieee!!" Natsu squelched as Zeref tackled him.

"Pinned ya Natsu" Zeref laughed.

"Hey, let me up!" Natsu demanded.

"Gladly" Zeref said, getting off his brother.

Zeref starts to dust himself off, allowing Natsu to strike.

"Ha, I got ya now Zeref!" Natsu shouted tackling his brother from behind, causing the two boys to roll away.

After awhile their rolling bodies started to slow down.

"Pinned ya again Natsu!" Zeref laughed being the victor yet again. Natsu whined frustrated.

"I'm older than you Natsu therefore I'm better than you" Zeref said with a cocky tone.

"Nuh uh, just because your older doesn't prove anything!"