eight

Cleo's POV

My heart explodes at the sight of my best friends and family all smiling and eating together. The dinner is filled with jokes, teasing, and story telling. Just now, Alex was in the middle of reminicing about the time when Nordan was pulling a paranoid prank on almost everyone in the house.

"Then Rain sprays Lucas with the liquid ass and that's when Lucas came up with the bad ass push come back." Alex says, laughing until his face turns red.

"And when he sprayed Cleo, she kicked him in the balls." Apex says looking at me and chuckling. My cheeks flush and I respond quick "What else was I supposed to do? I told you guys not to prank me!"

"You're just easy to prank, you're too gullible and your reactions are hilarious as fuck." Nordan responds, causing me to scowl playfully at him. He shoots me a funny look and I roll my eyes.

Laughter erupts among us again and I realize how much I appreciate everyone sitting with me at this table. Nordan was always there to fight for me, even when he knew that I was wrong. He was my ride or die and I couldn't ask for a better brother. Tommy was like a second brother to me, looking after me when Nordan wasn't there. Of course that came with endless jokes and funny moments. Lucas and Alex were both stupid but hilarious, never failing to make me smile. Whenever they notice that I'm feeling down, they say a dumb joke or roast another Faze member. Teeqo knew everything about me and makes me feel like I can tell him anything. Whenever I have something on my mind that's bothering me, he's the first person I would talk to. I know he would never judge me or tell anyone my secrets. Not to mention, he makes bomb ass burritos.

Apex embeds a different feeling in my heart. Although my love for the boys were endless, my love for Apex was different. We could spend years with each other and never run out of things to talk about. I can tell him anything and he can tell me anything. I stay up at night thinking about him and what my life would be like if I told him how I really felt. But what if a relationship ruins our friendship?

In the middle of us making faces at one another, Nordan's phone starts to ring. He glances at the screen of his phone; his eyes start to widen a bit and a small glimmer of hope appears in his eyes. He clears his throat, nudging Tommy, who is sitting next to him. He shows Tommy his screen and they both start to get up from their chairs.

"Guys, excuse us but this is just some stuff about Faze, we'll be outside for just a second." Tommy says, sending a reassuring smile across the table. I watch them walk out of the restaurant and my mind dances around the possibilities about what the call might be about. Of course my brother and Tommy get a lot of business calls about Faze but when Nordan saw the screen of his phone, his face seemed excited and weary at the same time.

"What do you think that's about?" I look to Apex, noticing that his eyes were already on me. My heart skips a beat while I try to keep my composure under his passionate glance. I clearly fail, feeling a warm sensation on my cheeks.

He clears this throat and says, " Uhh, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's just stuff about our CSGO team. We were debating adding a new member to the team last night".

I can't help but wonder if that had anything to do with them moving to California.

What happens when they move out and I have no one to have movie nights with or talk to about my stupid boy problems? I know  that in order for them to grow even more they have to move but I can't help but feel lonely at the thought.

I slowly nod my head, deciding it wasn't worth getting upset about.

"How's your food?" I ask Apex, eyeing his steak and mashed potatoes. I've decided to eat a salad to be 'healthy' but the sight of my favorite meal on Apex's plate makes me regret it.

"Jealous?" he says chuckling. He knows steak and mashed potatoes was my favorite.

"Very." I say, almost drooling over his plate. He laughs and cuts his steak in half. He grabs a clean small plate from the center of the table from the appetizers and puts the steak on it. He pushes the plate towards me , smiles, and says, "Here, we can split it, I'm not that hungry anyway."

....

After about two hours of us just laughing and talking about everything, we decide to head home.

The boys wanted to have a movie night at their house so I decided to spend the night there.

After changing and grabbing all of my stuff from my house, I drive to theirs. The thought of them moving once again enters my mind and I can't help but convince myself that it's just another reason not to tell Apex my feelings. I don't want my stupid confession to affect his growth and success.

My mind was so consumed with the thought that I haven't realized I arrived. After getting my bags from the backseat, I make my way up to the house.

Once I enter, I hear loud music and laughter coming from the kitchen. I walk over and there is a beer pong game going on. Blaziken and Adapt are on one team and Apex and Teeqo on the other. It's Alex's turn to throw the ball and it lands two feet from any of the cups. It's clear to see who's winning since there's only one cup left on Apex's side.

"Wow Alex you suck ass." I say, causing everyone to turn their heads in my direction. I can see Teeqo and Apex laugh at my comment.

"Well I'd like to see you try dumbass." Adapt says. I take this as a challenge and go over to his opposing team. Apex hands me a ball and I fling it, making it in the last cup effortlessly. I honestly sucked at beer pong and was surprised when it went in so easily but I tried to play it cool. Don't worry, on the inside I was so hyped.

"BROO, SHE KILLED YOU!" Apex says putting his hands on my shoulders, shaking me around. The rest of the boys were screaming while Alex and Lucas began to fake cry.

"It was just luck." Lucas says, trying to recover from his bruised ego. "Anyway, now that you're here let's try and figure out what movie we wanna watch."

We all head to the living room and sit on the huge couch. I sit at the end next to Apex. The boys were discussing the movies on Netflix for a good 10 minutes until everyone decided on The Conjuring.

Scary movies were not my cup of tea and I honestly get scared over any little thing. I never said anything because we would spend the rest of the night arguing over what to watch.

"We don't have to watch this if you don't want to." Apex whispered loud enough for only me to hear.

"No, it's fine, I'll just keep my eyes closed for the entire time." I joked around with him.

"Very funny. You wanna go watch Friends upstairs, I'm not in a movie mood." Apex says smiling. He knew I could never say no to Friends. I nod and he gets up, grabbing my hand.

I'm pretty sure all of the boys were too invested in the movie to notice that we had left them. I'm glad they didn't notice or else we would never hear the end of it.
——————————

It was currently 2 am and Apex and I are on season 3 of Friends. Although I loved the show, I began to feel my eyes get heavy. We were cuddled up on his bed, with my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me. In his arms I felt safe and it was hard to think that one day, we would be so far from each other. My worries were soon drowned out by my sleepy mind taking over.

A/N

Hi guys. I know all of you probably forgot this story even existed and honestly I did too for a while. I've had writers block and didn't know where I wanted to take this story. With all of the drama going on with the faze clan I thought this story could help us go back to when the fandom was simpler and better.

I know that them being in New York is pretty outdated but I feel like it wouldn't make sense to just time skip so that they were in LA.

And I know that Apex isn't living with the boys anymore but for this story can we just travel back in time for a lil lol.

Again i'm sooo sorry for being so inconsistent i just had a lot of shit going down
xx