seven

Apex's POV

Cleo's graduation ended at about 5pm and everyone was going to go out for dinner at 7 to celebrate. This gave everyone time to go home and get ready. I was currently driving the car with the rest of the FaZe boys, on our way to the house. Nordan was in the passenger seat, dancing to a Future song that was playing from the aux. Alex, Lucas, and Teeqo were all sitting in the back, doing who knows what.

During the 15 minute car drive back to our house, my mind wanders off about Cleo. There is no denying that I have feelings for her. From the moment Rain introduced her to me, I knew she was the girl I wanted to be with. She's so smart and kind and compassionate. Her heart is so big, I sometimes wonder if she knows how extraordinary she is. Not to mention, she's the most beautiful girl that I've ever seen.

She is definitely not like any girl I have ever met. I've been in multiple relationships and none of those compare to spending time with Cleo. Even though we aren't dating, being with her for even 10 minutes is worth more than any relationship with another girl.

The only person who knows about by true feelings for Cleo is Teeqo. Whenever we hang out, Teeqo always says that I should tell Cleo about my feelings but I always pussy out. What if she doesn't feel the same way? What will Nordan think? I know he's against her dating any of the boys in the house but if she were mine, I'd treat her like she was a princess. I've been there for her when she had other relationships. I've seen how badly boys would break her heart and make her cry. This made me want to show her how she deserves to be treated. 

She always knew she had us to lean on, especially me. Whenever she was feeling down, we would go to this little ice cream shop close to our house. She wouldn't even have to say anything, I would just know she was upset. We would spend hours there talking about the littlest things, often allowing our ice cream to melt, finding each other more interesting.

While I'm lost in my own mind, I unconsciously pull up in front of our house. I put the car in park and take the keys out of the ignition. Boys hop out and head up to their rooms, probably getting ready for dinner. I walk up the stairs and open my closet, looking for a dress shirt.

Cleo's POV

My parents decided to take the whole family out to dinner at this really nice restaurant. I objected, not wanting my family to make a big deal out of my graduation but my parents insisted. I'm not one to dress up but since this restaurant was extremely fancy, I was kinda forced to.

My mom came into my room to help me figure out an outfit but left after 15 minutes, probably annoyed with my indecisiveness. I stare at my closet, hoping that a beautiful dress will magically appear.

There's only one hour until the reservation so I start rummaging through all of my belongings, creating a mess around my room. About five minutes later, I hear a knock on my door followed by my mother walking in with her hands behind her back.

She looks beautiful as she smiles and says "I've been holding on to this until your birthday but it will be perfect for tonight".

She reveals a black box with a red ribbon wrapped elegantly around it. I stare at the beautiful box and hug my mother.

"You didn't have to do this." I say, taking the box from her hands.

"You deserve it baby." she says, "Now hurry up and get ready, time is running out." She heads over to my door, leaving me with the charming box. I set it on my bed and pull the red ribbon, untying it. I take off the lid to reveal black tissue paper, under which was a beautiful maroon dress.

The soft material leaves me in awe and I carefully take the dress out of the box, holding it up. It was a deep red with a plunging neckline. I quickly undressed and put the dress on.

     It was a dress that I would've never bought for myself but I feel beautiful in it

It was a dress that I would've never bought for myself but I feel beautiful in it. After admiring the dress in the mirror, I glance at the clock and quickly go to my bathroom. It was already 6:30 and I still needed to do my hair and makeup.

For my hair, I just quickly curled it and left it down. I then put on foundation, concealer, and bronzer. After this, I filled in my brows and applied highlight to my cheekbones and brow bone. For lipstick, I chose a glossy nude, not wanting a dramatic makeup look.

I quickly move to my dresser and pick out a long chain necklace with a diamond pendant. I paired this with a shorter length necklace that had a "C" pendant on it that Apex got me for my birthday 2 years ago. I smile thinking about Apex but then realize it's already 7:00. Looks like me and my parents might be a little late.

 I run to my closet again and pick out black heels with dainty, thin straps to match the dress. I head downstairs to meet with my mom and my dad. And we head to the car.

The car ride took about 15 minutes and once we pulled into the restaurant, a valet worker that looks about my age takes our car to park it. Inside the restaurant we are met with a hostess who shows us to our table. I look around the restaurant and observe the environment. It was way bigger than I thought and there were many people inside. The lights are slightly dim and on top of each table there are candles and white roses. The walls are black and white marble decorated with paintings that look like they cost more than my entire life.

 After following our hostess, we can finally see familiar faces surrounding a big circle table. Seated around the table, there's my aunt and uncle along with the faze boys. There's three empty seats, one in between Apex and Teeqo and two next to my aunt and uncle. My parents scurry off to my aunt so that leaves me making my way to Apex and Teeqo.

Nordan was the first person to notice us, saying "CLEO!" in a weird voice. Other people seated around them were giving him death stares indicating that he might have yelled a little too loud. I giggle at my brothers silliness and see the rest of the boys turn around to look at us.

My eyes link with Apex's immediately and I see an expression that I've never seen before. Before I can think about it any further, he stands up and pulls out the chair next to him, allowing me to sit. My heart melts and I sit down, mumbling a thank you. He's wearing a light blue dress shirt with a black tie and although he looks great everyday, there's something special about seeing him dressed up that makes my stomach erupt in butterflies.

Apex's POV

The whole crew gets to the restaurant and to be honest, I think this is the fanciest place i have ever been to. we are soon met by a hostess in a black dress and she walks us to a large, round table. When everyone was getting their seats, Teeqo sits one seat away from me, leaving an empty chair between us. I look at him and see a smirk on his face. I know he's trying to force Cleo and I to sit next to each other.

A couple of minutes go by and while I was in the middle of a conversation with Lucas, Teeqo nudges me on the shoulder. While I was in the middle of rolling my eyes at Teeqo, I hear Nordan call out for Cleo. I turn around to see her in a beautiful dress. My heart stops beating for a second when my eyes lock with Cleo. I feel like I'm in a dream but Teeqo's nudge brings me back to reality. 

I get up from my seat and pull out the chair next to me, allowing Cleo to sit down. She quietly thanks me and smiles at me. In that moment  I knew she was going to be mine by the end of the night.

---------------------

A/N: omg dont kill me lmao

im seriously sorry for not uploading for like 12 years

ily :))) next chapter coming soon