sixty-one | one year later

"Is this where we're supposed to be meeting them?" Luke checked with Chloe, who nodded.

She was scrolling through the kik chat from last night. They were mainly talking about how excited they were to see each other again.

russ
banksy's gonna give
chloe a big sloppy kiss !!!!

banksy
dude i'm not her grandma

daniel 🍕
mwahhhhh

Chloe smiled to herself as she read over what made her laugh last night. She kinda hoped he would - just not sloppy.

"I can't wait to hear from Daniel, Jake and Addison." Audrey clapped her hands together.
"Me too." Luke replied.

A few days after the Ducks had left to go to Eden Hall Academy, Daniel, Jake and Addison were flown out to join them. They were now officially part of the team, and Chloe and her friends were excited to hear everything.

However, Chloe and Adam facetimed a lot less than they'd expected to. Since they were both in school, had a lot of work to do and Adam was busy with hockey, it was difficult to find a time for them to talk, so most of their talking was done on Kik and Instagram.

"Chloe? Is that Chloe?" They heard someone ask.
"Of course it is, idiot. She's stood next to Luke and he hasn't changed at all." Another said.

"Hey!" Luke pouted.
The Ducks appeared from around the corner and everyone hollered. They'd all changed so much.

"It's crazy how much people can change over a year." Chloe stated as the group came closer.

"Wow," Riley laughed as she looked at Ken and Luis. "Ken's grown and Luis has shrunk!"
Everyone laughed along with her.
Luis rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help but grin too. "Very funny."

When Chloe saw Adam walking behind Charlie, she ran towards him. Adam pushed past Charlie and ran into her arms. "I've missed you so much."
"I've missed you too." Chloe smiled into his shoulder and inhaled his aftershave.

Once Adam pulled away, he began apologising for being so busy. Chloe laughed and shook her head. "It's fine, Adam, really."

Adam smiled. Chloe noticed he'd definitely gotten taller. Before she was up to his forehead, and now she was up to his chin. His voice was much deeper and he'd also changed his hair, and it looked as if it had gotten darker.

"You've grown." She breathed out. "Wow, I feel really short."
Adam giggled. "That's because you are."
Chloe lightly slapped his arm. "Thanks, babe."
Adam leaned in and kissed lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled through it.

"Charlie actually looks his age now." Dean spoke up as he slapped his friend on the back.
Chloe and Adam pulled away because Chloe started laughing.

Adam sighed and turned towards Dean. "Do you mind?"
Dean gave Adam a cheeky grin and folded his arms. "Not at all."

Chloe quickly pecked Adam's lips before she felt someone tap her shoulder.
She turned around to see Addison stood with Luis.
Although Luis hadn't grown much, Addison had. She used to be the shortest out of Chloe and her friends - now it was Chloe.

"Hey, Chloe." Luis tutted his head.
"Remember when I forced you guys to go on that steep red slide at the waterpark?"

Chloe nodded. "And when you came down I thought you were Addison."
"What?" Addison laughed.
Luis shot her a glare, making Chloe snicker.

"Anyways, Averman told Banks that he thought I'd never get a girlfriend." Luis continued.
"And I agree." Chloe gave him a smile.

Luis scoffed and threw his arm around Addison.
Chloe gasped. "Wait, what?"