fourty-one | chloe&adam

Once Chloe was dressed and Adam had retrieved his phone from downstairs, they decided to call the Ducks and talk about the next couple of days.

They made sure they did it on Oovoo instead of FaceTime this time, so that Chloe's friends could join in too.

"Hey y'all!" Dwayne hollered through the phone, making Adam jump.

Chloe noticed that his hockey jersey was hanging behind him, and she heard Goldberg shout something, but she couldn't make out what.

"Where are you?" She asked.
"Locker rooms!" Luis yelled.
"Why're you there?" Daniel laughed.
"We're gonna have a fun game." Dwayne answered. He grinned. "Hopefully we can play round up too."

"Not a chance!" Adam heard Charlie yell. He laughed. "Dwayne always gets Charlie." He explained to his girlfriend.
Chloe giggled.

Dwayne's screen then started to blur and muffles were heard. Charlie's and Connie's faces then appeared on the camera. "We just wanted to ask if you guys wanted to play hockey tomorrow."

Adam turned to Chloe as Chloe's friends all have each-other confused looks.
"Are you talking to Adam?" Riley asked.

Charlie shook his head.
"We wanna play - just for fun!" Connie grinned.

Chloe laughed. "None of us know how to play."
Addison nodded in agreement. "I don't think I can even skate."

"You don't think you can?" Charlie repeated, laughing.
Addison nodded. "Well, last time I skated was when I was 7, so..."

"It's fine." Luis said, popping up from behind Connie and Charlie. "I can't even stop."

Chloe laughed.
"It would be fun..." Adam looked at his girlfriend and grinned.
Chloe laughed. "What? Fun to see us fall within the second we step onto the ice?"

"Come on, it would be fun, you've gotta it admit that." Charlie said.
Adam smirked. "And to see you guys fall within the second you step onto the ice."

Chloe playfully rolled her eyes and hit Adam's arm.
Adam stuck his bottom lip out before kissing Chloe's temple.

Chloe had to turn her volume down when everyone started making 'aw' noises.

Adam chuckled. "Cut it out, guys."

Connie pulled all of her hair over one of her shoulders and started to plait it. "You guys are too cute."

Chloe rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile in the process.

"She loves it really." Jake said. "And okay, we'll go."
Adam's eyes lit up.

"That's great!" Connie grinned, looking away from the camera and announcing that Chloe and her friends would play hockey with them tomorrow.

"It'll be where we played for the Junior Goodwill Games." Charlie told them.
"You know, where I stopped for once... and scored." Luis smirked.

"And where Russ scored the goal that tied them. Then where Julie saved Gunnar's shot." Audrey added.
Luis playfully rolled his eyes. "And that."

"We're gonna go now," Charlie began. "but we'll talk after, yeah?"
Everyone who wasn't with him nodded.

"Later, Charlie." Adam waved.
Chloe and her friends waved as Charlie handed the phone back to Dwayne. After a small struggle to find the button that ended the call, he finally found it when Dean came over.

He snatched the phone from Dwayne sighed. "Since Dwayne clearly doesn't know how to work a phone."

Chloe laughed. "Bye, Dean."

After Dean had hung up, Chloe and Adam talked to Audrey, Jake, Daniel, Luke, Addison and Riley for five more minutes, before hanging up.

Chloe and Adam were lying in Chloe's bed, staring at the ceiling. Adam rested the back of his head on his palms and sighed.

"What is it?" Chloe asked.
Adam bit his lip.
Chloe's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Adam?"

"I'm just worried about how we're see each-other after this." Adam told her.

Chloe sighed and turned onto her side to face her boyfriend. He turned his head to look at her. "Me too. Maybe you'll have another competition near me one day?"

Adam exhaled. "I hope so."

"When I'm old enough, I definitely wanna move out. I haven't got long to go. I could try and move closer." Chloe suggested.

"I'd wanna move closer too, but not too far from my family." Adam told her.
Chloe nodded in agreement. "Yeah, of course! Same with me."

"I'm pretty sure that I'd come and visit with my friends every few months, as well." Adam told her.

"Yeah. I'd do the same with my friends so it's not always you having to be the one to move." Chloe smiled.

Adam smiled back. "I love you."
"I love you, too."