VII {Surprise In The Attic}

Start from the beginning

"I.. I didn't knew that", he stutters soft.

We finally arrive at my house and he parks his car before his house. I want to get out of the car but he grabs me by my arm and looks me in the eyes.

Wait... Is he... Crying???

"Look Courtney, I..I know I made a lot mistakes, and I..I'm probably gonna make a lot more, but I'm r..really sorry for everything I've ever d..done to you. I..I know this is a really hard question for you, but d..do you want to be my friend again?", he asks with tears in his eyes.

Should I forgive him? I mean, this past days he really cared about me.

"Okay, but if you ever hurt me again, I swear to god I'm never gonna talk to you again."

He smiles really bright and pulls me in for a hug.

"I really missed you Court", he whispers in my ear.

Wish I could say the same about you.

I get out of the car and knock at the door. A few minutes later my dad opens it. I go inside and close the door behind me.

"And how was your day?", he asks while we both sit on the couch.

"One big mess."

"That's not fun to hear."

"And I made up with Shawn."

"That's fun to hear!"

"It's just..."

"It's just what my dear?"

"After all those years, he changed, a lot, and I don't know if he's serious or he's tricking me..."

"Just listen to your heart and it will be alright."

"I'm so sorry about my bike by the way."

"You shouldn't be! It's not your fault."

"Yes it is! If I was less stupid, they wouldn't hate me!"

"We were born to be real, not to be perfect. And so what they hate you? Don't worry about those who talk behind your back, they're behind you for a reason."

"Whoah," I say stunned from what my dad just said, "Thanks dad, that really made my day."

"You're welcome sweetheart, you want some pizza?"

"Ehm, no I'm fine, I already ate."

"Okay, that's good", he smiles at me and goes to the kitchen.

I just go to my bedroom. Why did I lie to my dad? Cause I know how much you have to pay for pizza, it's not that much, but it still is money. And knowing my dad, he would buy it, only for me, and I don't want that.

I just don't want that.

I got a little stock in my room with some candy bars, it's not healthy, but I don't give a fuck.

I eat one Twix  and brush my teeth. When I finish it's already 6:30 PM. It's to early to go to bed, but what can I do to fill the time? Some bubbleshooter? Nah, not in the mood.

It's Friday, why I don't take a look in the attic? I go to the hallway and try to get the ladder down. It makes a lot of noise.

"What are you doing Courtney?", I hear my dad asking downstairs.

"I'm gonna look in the attic."

"Okay, be careful!"

I go upstairs and use my phone as a flashlight. It isn't really big, but it still is fun. When I'm bored I always go to here. There are a lot of stuff here and I surely haven't discovered everything yet.

I'm looking through a lot of boxes when something in the back catches my eyes. Why I have never noticed that? I put some boxes aside and try to get to the shining thing...

OH MY FREAKING GAWD!

A GUITAR!?

I grab it really careful and shine my flashlight over it.

"DAD!", I yell as loud as possible.

"WHAT!?", I hear him yell back.

"YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT I'VE FOUND!", and I run carefully downstairs.

I show him the guitar and he smiles when he sees it.

"Since when do we have a guitar!?"

"It used to be from your mother, she loved to play on that thing."

"Can I have it?"

"Of course hunny, that's the reason I still have it, she didn't want to sell it, but to give it to you. I forgot we had that thing. I'm so sorry."

"Sorry!? Don't be sorry! I love you! Omg I'm so gonna learn to play the guitar!"

And he smiles.

"If you're happy, I'm happy."

I go back to my room, with the guitar in my hands. It's such a beauty. But how am I gonna learn guitar???

A/n: It's Friday and I thought, why not update today😅 So here is a new chapter! Hope you enjoy 😃😊

XOXO