Ch. 35 - Shopping with the Boys

Start from the beginning

After a few sips of cocktail, Chaeyoung finally stepped out, causing Jungkook to almost choke on his drink while Taehyung stared at her wide-eyed.

She was wearing a skin-tight, long-sleeved, sweater dress that came to her mid thigh and hugged all her curves perfectly. Her wavy, dark-chocolate, hair had become messy in the change room, so she ran a casual hand through it while she walked towards them – making her appear extra sexy.

"What do you guys think?" she asked, twirling in front of them and sending a whiff of her characteristic, floral shampoo towards them. Everything about her was lethal. Needless to say, Taehyung was having a hard time remembering to breath.

"I think that dress should be illegal," Jungkook responded, his voice a little too breathy.

"No," Taehyung shook his head, starting to push Chaeyoung back into the change room, "it's too sexy."

"Tae," Chaeyoung laughed in astonishment, "I'm barely showing any skin."

"You don't have to," he responded before closing the curtain.

The next dress was even worse. It was a deep-red, off-the shoulder cocktail dress that revealed her feminine collarbones and long legs. As soon as she stepped out, Taehyung and Jungkook's jaws dropped and Taehyung closed his eyes briefly, praying for the strength to get through the rest of this shopping trip without dying.

With his peripheral vision, he could see Jungkook massaging his temples like he was fighting an internal battle, "holy shit Chaeyoung, please never wear red again."

"Is it that bad?" she asked, turning to check herself out in the mirror, "I think it looks fine."

"A little too fine," Taehyung said, causing her to wrinkle her nose cutely as she slowly walked back into the dressing room.

Taehyung sighed and leaned back on the sofa while Jungkook downed the rest of his drink.

"Are they all going to be like this?" Jungkook muttered, mostly to himself but Taehyung felt obligated to respond.

"I hope not."

When Chaeyoung stepped out of the dressing room next, Jungkook and Taehyung groaned in frustration. This time, it was a champagne-coloured dress that – although longer than the rest – had a plunging neckline that drew all the attention.

Before she even had a chance to walk towards them, both men shook their heads.

"Definitely not," Jungkook said, gesturing for her to turn back around.

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at them, beginning to grow irritated, "okay, you're the ones who told me I have to 'look the part' and 'seduce Mr. Hino'. Not to mention, you guys chose most of these dresses, so you can't just reject every single one."

Taehyung clenched his jaw and looked away, not being able to maintain eye contact with her for long when her chest was right there – no sane man could.

Apparently, Jungkook wasn't sane though, because he was staring directly at her, his eyes raking her body from top to bottom. Taehyung felt the urge to punch him but restrained himself when Chaeyoung re-entered the dressing room with a frustrated huff.

Taehyung and Jungkook tried to keep an open mind for the next couple dresses, but they were all either too tight, too short, or too revealing. Although she looked sexy as hell in everything, they couldn't physically allow her to wear them in public. She would be a threat to society if she did.

The last dress she revealed was the one she had hand-picked for herself – the black one with the open back. Taehyung couldn't take his eyes off her when she walked out, her beauty awe-striking and her radiance blinding. It was the perfect mixture of elegance – with its long sleeves and high neckline – and sexy, with it's open back that showcased Chaeyoung's flawless shoulder blades and upper back. Although, in Taehyung's opinion, it was still too revealing, it would have to do. After all, it wasn't the dresses that made Chaeyoung look sexy, but Chaeyoung, who made the dresses look sexy.