Chapter 12

"Jaelynn? It's Tommy. We'd like you to come for a callback."

It took me a minute to process this. "Se-seriously?" "Yep. Does twelve thirty work?" he asked. I glanced at the clock. It was 10:10. "Yeah! Yeah! Um, I'll see you then!" I exclaimed. "Great! See ya, Jae."

We hung up and I shot up, running to the living room where my family already was. "Mom! Dad! That was Tommy, I've got a callback!" I shouted. They stood and hugged me. "That's amazing, Jae! When is it?" Van- Mom asked. "12:30," I answered. "Well you better go get ready," she grinned. I hugged them both then ran off.

I spent the rest of the morning getting dressed and ready. Mom helped me figure out what to do with my short hair and we ended up putting this cute headscarf in it. "Ready?" Dad asked, poking his head in. I nodded with a smile.

I hugged Mom and Seb then followed Dad to the car. As it sunk in what was going on, fear washed over me. "Dad, what if I don't get it? I don't want you to be disappointed or embarrassed or-." "Jae, you're my daughter. I'm not going to be disappointed in you or embarrassed of you. I'll be proud that you had the courage to do this in the first place," he encouraged. I smiled and he kissed the top of my head.

We reached the spot and Dad waited in the car for me. I went inside with shaky hands. I took a deep breath before walking into the room. "Hey, Jae. How're you doing today?" Tommy smiled, giving me a small hug. "Good. I'm nervous though," I said with a shaky smile. "You'll do fine, there's no need to be nervous," he encouraged. "Thanks," I grinned.

They had me sing a bit of the Schuyler Sisters with Pippa and Jasmine, then I sang a bit of Satisfied.

"Very good, Jaelynn! We'll contact you if we think you're right for the part," Tommy said. "Ok, thank you," I smiled and left.

I went back to the car and Dad asked, "How'd you do?" "I don't know. My voice broke a bit on Satisfied, and I forgot a bit of the lyrics during Schuyler Sisters. They said they'll contact me if they think I'm right for the part," I explained, climbing into the passenger seat. "I'm sure you did awesome," he said, patting my shoulder.

I smiled but didn't say anything. He was probably just saying that 'cause he's my dad. My phone buzzed and I saw I had a text from David. "Hey you. Want to have a date tonight?" he asked. "Do you guys need me to babysit Seb tonight?" I asked Dad. "I don't think so. Why?" he asked. "David wants to have a date night," I said, texting him back, 'Sounds good! What time?'

It took a few minutes but he soon texted me back saying, 'How about after the show? We can have a double date with Jacob and his new lady friend.' I giggled at the lady friend part and texted back, 'Sounds like a plan. See you then!'

The rest of the day and the show seemed to drag on, but when it was finally over, I went home, changed, and met David downstairs. "Ready?" he asked, holding out his arm. I smiled and took it. "Yep."

"So Lin told me you had a callback for Angelica. How do you think you did?" he asked. "Is it ok if we don't talk about that? I'm nervous about it," I said. "Sure. So what do you want to talk about?" he asked. I thought about it for a moment, then said, "How was your day?" "Kinda boring. Well, not really. Our sister came home from college today, so that was fun. How about you?" he asked. "Stressful," I answered and he left it at that.

We picked up Jacob and his girlfriend, Amber, and went to the restaurant. It was a great night and afterwards we went to get ice cream. We were in the middle of talking about when Jacob and David were kids, when my phone rang. "I'm so sorry, guys, I thought I had it on silent," I said, pulling it out. "You're fine. Who is it?" David asked. "It's Tommy," I said and answered quickly.

"Hello?" I asked. "Hey, Jaelynn. Or should I say Angelica?" I could hear him grinning. "What?! I got the part?!" I shouted happily. "Yep! Rehearsals start next week! See you then," he said and hung up.

"I got it! I got the part!" I shouted happily. "Jae, that's amazing! Congrats!" David said. I kissed him and we separated before Jacob said, "Congrats, Jae!"

We went back to the apartment where I told Mom and Dad and they celebrated with us. Finally, everything was perfect. I had a dream job, an amazing boyfriend and family, and I was finally safe.