Chapter 3

"Wanna be in the Ham4Ham with me?"

I blinked and tossed the idea around in my head for a sec before shrugging with a small, "Why not."

He grinned and grabbed my hand, gently leading me outside and onto the steps where suddenly the huge crowd erupted in screams and cheers.

Some guy handed him a megaphone and Lin shouted into it, "WELCOME TO THE HAM4HAM SHOW!"

Everyone screamed and cheered.

"Before we get started, there's someone I want you guys to meet. This is my foster daughter, Jaelyn! This is first time at the theater, so how about you guys give her a nice, welcoming hand?" Lin shouted into the megaphone.

I turned slightly pink as the crowd cheered and clapped and shouted, "WELCOME, JAELYN!"

"Jaelyn's going to be helping me out with the Ham4Ham tonight! Along with-." He didn't finish his sentence as he knocked on the door behind him and a young woman and a young man walked out.

Both had olive skin and dark hair and huge smiles.

"You must be Jaelyn! Lin's told us so much about you! I'm Jasmine and this is my boyfriend Anthony," the woman shouted over the screams and cheers of the crowd.

Anthony smiled and said, "It's nice to finally meet you!"

The two sung a song that'd I'd never heard of but they were really good.

I didn't really help Lin out much, just stood there awkwardly as he danced to Jasmine and Anthony's song.

After that, I continued going to the theater and slowly built friendships with each of the cast members.

I also did something very, very stupid. I got attached.

The little voice in the back of my head was scolding me but I pushed it into a closet and threw away the key. I was finally happy, and Lin and Vanessa seemed to realize this.

Anyway, I was currently at another Ham4Ham with Daveed, Anthony, Lin, and Oak when I saw him.

We were all having a great time Daveed, Anthony, and Oak were the Schuyler Sisters and I was Burr, until I saw my psychotic bio brother in the crowd.

You see, when I was five, my parents died in a car accident. My older brother Carson took me in, but his girlfriend had just left him when our parents died and so he was in a bad place. He had anger problems and was drinking and took it out on me. I was taken away when I was ten.

When I saw him, I stopped my rap battle with Anthony and froze.

He gave me an evil grin and I darted inside, faster than I'd ever run in my life.