Chapter 4

He gave me an evil grin and I darted inside, faster than I'd ever run in my life.

When Lin'd caught up to me I was shaking like a leaf and fearful tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong? Jae, what's wrong?" he asked, putting his hands on my shoulders, stopping me from running. He turned me around so I faced him.

"H-he-he was in the crowd. Carson was in the crowd," I trembled.

Lin and Vanessa knew who Carson was from Ms. Martha and I'm pretty sure Lin had told the cast to keep me away from him just in case they saw him.

Lin's face grew understanding and he pulled me into a gentle hug and after I'd calmed down, he took me to his dressing room where I sat as he tried to get me to talk.

"Jae, you ok?" a voice asked and I looked up, seeing Daveed, Oak, and Anthony in the doorway.

"Is it ok if I tell them?" Lin asked softly.

I nodded and he pulled them out into the hallway, half closing the door as he explained what happened.

I got up from my seat on his couch and looked out the window, seeing the crowd beginning to disperse. And no Carson in sight.

I turned around as the boys re-entered and Lin said, "Jae, do you feel like staying here for the show? I just called Vanessa and she said she can come take you home if you want."

I shook my head slightly and said, "I'm fine. He's gone now."

The four nodded and Anthony decided to change the subject as he grinned and exclaimed, "Awesome job as Burr by the way tonight!"

I smiled brightly and said, "Really? Thanks! I messed a bit at the beginning but other than that I think it went pretty well."

I saw Lin smile out of the corner of my eye as I talked happily with Daveed, Oak, and Anthony.

"Alright, kid, I gotta get changed so go hang out with one of the girls," Lin said, shoving us out of his dressing room.

"'Kay," I laughed softly.

The rest of the boys went to get ready so I wandered down the hall. Seeing David and Thayne talking, I went over to join the conversation.

They both smiled as I neared.

"Hey, Jaelyn," David said, giving me a smile that made butterflies appear in my stomach.

I gave him a smile and said, "Hey. What're you guys up to?"

"Just waiting for the show to start," Thayne said, looking carefully between David and I, who had locked eyes.

"I'm going to go talk to Ephraim. See you two later," Thayne said, thumping David on the shoulder.

David nodded and said bye to his friend and the two of us talked, laughed, and talked some more until 'Places' came over the speakers.

"See you later?" I said.

He smiled, nodded, and left.

I bit my lower lip in a smile then went to the front so I could watch the show.

Another week passed and no sign of Carson. I'd begun trying to convince myself it was just my imagination.

Anyway, Molly, Hailey, Olive, and Fiona were coming over for a sleepover today and I could not be more excited. I hadn't seen my roommates and best friends in over a month.

Sebastian was on my back and I was 'flying' him around the apartment when there was a knock on the door.

"Somebody 'ere!" Sebastian announced.