Chapter 7

A few more months passed and I'd gotten used to living with the Miranda's. Sebastian had even started calling me 'Sissy', which made me very, very happy.

I was currently with Anthony, Daveed, Renee, David, and Pippa. Anthony had called us to together because apparently he had some sort of surprise. I think he'd only invited David along cause he found out about my crush on him.

"Alright, so, you know how Jaz and I've been dating for a while?" Anthony whispered, looking around as he spoke.

"Yeah," I said.

"Are you gonna propose?" Renee asked loudly.

Anthony's hand flew to her mouth, covering it hissing, "SHH!"

He made sure Jaz was nowhere near before removing his hand and nodding with a smile.

We celebrated quietly.

"I need your guys' help. I already got the ring, but I don't know how to ask her," he said.

We all discussed plans and soon came up with one that Anthony liked. Just as Jaz found us.

"What're you guys doing?" she asked with a confused smile.

"Nothing, just talking," Anthony said, nonchalantly.

She started to continue to question us until Renee and Pippa dragged her off somewhere.

The rest of the group dispersed until it was just David and I. "Hey so, 54 below is having a concert thing for this show I used to be in called Newsies. It's sort of a reunion. Would you like to come with me?" David asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

My cheeks turned a light pink as I grinned shyly. "David, did you just ask me out?" I asked.

He grinned and said, "Maybe?"

"Well, if so, then I'd love to go with you. When is it?" I asked.

"This coming Saturday," he said and I thought my mental calendar over and after realizing I had nothing going on that day, I grinned at him and said, "Alrighty!"

"I'll pick you up around 5?" he said.

I nodded, biting my lower lip in a smile and said, "Sounds good!"

"See you then," he said with a large smile.

He left to get ready for the show I squealed and did a little happy dance before running off to tell Renee, Pippa, and Jaz.

"Guys! Guys, guess what?" I shouted, running into Renee's dressing room.

The girls had been chatting happily but turned when I walked in.

"David asked me out! Well, kinda. I'm going to the Newsies Reunion with him on Saturday!" I said happily.

"That's so awesome, Jaelyn! I didn't know you and David had a thing for each other," Pippa said happily.

"Well, I liked him but I didn't know if he liked me. I guess he does," I said happily.

Saturday approached quicker than I was ready for and Vanessa was helping me with my make-up. Lin was going into over-protective-dad-mode even though this was just a tiny date and other people would be there as well.

"Jaelyn, you sure you want to go on a date with this boy?" Lin asked, leaning against the doorway as Vanessa helped me with eye shadow.

"Lin, you've worked with David for almost a year now," I said.

"Yeah, but still," Lin grumbled and we all turned as there was a knock on the door.

"Somebody 'ere!" Sebastian announced.