Insurmountable Chapter 12 (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Why are you so mad at me?" Ethan asked.

"Ah, let's see, you were obviously flirting with a girl while I was working on a project that you were supposed to help me with!" Carlie glared and put on an angry face.

She still looked cute though.

"I wasn't flirting! She was asking me a question, and I answered her!"

"Oh really?! So why was she touching your hair and smiling at you like a crazed bitch?!"

Jake came in to watch the fight between the two and interrupted. "Hey, sorry to interrupt but Ethan, we need to borrow your car tomorrow..." He said meekly but he was completely ignored by the two.

"Wait, are you jealous?" Ethan smirked.

"No! Why would I be?" Carlie snorted.

"Because you're acting like a jealous girlfriend!"

"I don't even like you, Ethan! I like Jake, remember?!" Carlie shouted back.

Everybody remained silent and tension was slowly building up. I looked at Jake but he kept a blank expression on his face. Carlie must've felt guilty of what she had said because her glare softened and turned into a little scowl.

Ethan smiled sadly and hung his head low. "Yeah. I remember." With that, he exited the apartment, leaving the three of us in awkward silence.

"Carlie, are you stupid?" Jake spoke first.

"Stupid?!" Carlie was appalled. She obviously didn't expect that from Jake, neither did I. I nodded my head in agreement though.

"That dude definitely has a crush on you." I added.

"Scar, what are you--"

"No she's right. Ethan likes you. A lot. Now, I don't know what happened earlier between you too but I bet that he 'flirted," He made air quotes. "With that girl so he can make you jealous. That's just a bet though."

"What are you two talking about? We are just friends!"

"Look, I really don't know much about this whole love business thing but... You actually kinda like him... I mean the way you act around him is just...different." I said.

"No, I don't! I act NORMALLY around him!"

"Yeah right." Jake scoffed.

"Didn't you two hear what I said hear what I said earlier? I still like Ja--"

"No you don't." He cut her off. "You're just so used to the thought of liking me. Saying that you love me became a habit. But in reality, Carlie, you've moved on. You like Ethan. Admit it already, geez."

"S-Seriously guys..." She stuttered.

"Just follow him and confront your feelings so you can get this shit over with and be in a relationship with a guy you've obviously been crushing on." Jake said in one breath.

"I don't have any romantic feelings for him, but I'll go after him since he looked upset, okay?"

"Whatever you say." Jake and I said in chorus.

Carlie rolled her eyes and went after Ethan, which left me and Jake all alone. Again.

"Chick's definitely got it hard." I smirked.

"Dude's got the hots for her." Jake retorted. "So what do we call them now? Ethalie? Carthan?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Their couple name. Our's is Scake. Or do you prefer Jaklett? Actually Scarke and Jarlett are pretty good too. I can imagine our babies just screaming, 'Hey pops, loan me some money, yo!' and I'll be like, 'Yeah, no problem kiddo! Kiss yo mama before getting your ass to school.'" He ended with a dreamy sigh.