Chapter 9: Amaryllis of Absence

Previously:

... Jaxon joined a tournament that put him on a team of ignorance. Everyone on the team seams to hate everyone else and the first duel of the tournament is seconds away, but there is no sign of Mackenzie, the Lightening member of the group...

 Everyone on the team seams to hate everyone else and the first duel of the tournament is seconds away, but there is no sign of Mackenzie, the Lightening member of the group

The door to the change room opens. "Here I am bitches." Says Mackenzie walking to join us. She is already in her tech suit, her hair back in a bun.

"We're the bitches?" Chelsea questions. "Says the person who shows up right we have before to go for a duel to only be disqualified, and also walks out of practice."

The words 25 flash upon the screen at either side of the release gates.

I take a sip of my water bottle roll my neck as the count down gets to ten. We form a line and the counter gets down to 1.

The door opens and we run out.

They were smart. Fire flies at me, Water at Cassian, Stone at Mackenzie, Air at Leo, Lightning at Chelsea, and Ice at Cassia. Each of their Elements stronger than our own. Water flies over our heads and I freeze it as it almost lands on top of us. They were trying to slow us down... which meant they weren't as powerful at hand to hand.

"They're not good at hand to hand." I tell the other members of my group. Three people who's name start with 'C' nod, though the other to dumb asses are already trying to breaking through the ice.

I shatter the large wave of ice and send it flying around the arena. A wall of fire intercepts the glass like shards and slow down the shards in the front of the attack to meet with the ones in the back. The ice turns into a cresting waves of ice and I allow it to melt over the hot burning wall.

Water soaks the the other teams tech suits slowing them down, and also making it harder for some of them (fire especially) to use their powers.

A fire girl runs at me, her hair is blond and in pixie cut. She slides across the floor a trail of fire flowing from her hand. She stands up and swings an arc of fire at me. It hits me across the chest heat radiating across me. I duck another whip of her weapon and create my own fighting tool.

A sword grows around my hand. I had been trained with many different weapons back at the Academy, Swords, Bows, Spears, even nun-chucks. I see blast of fire blast towards Cassian who blasts a wall up to protect him. I send a blast of Ice across the whole arena and freeze the blast. I fly to the ground as the girls foot hits my chest. I roll as the whip snaps to where I once was. Standing I strike my sword in the right arc that whip that would be flying towards my face wraps around it. I pull the whip from her hand with a tug that is not without effort. The girl is also pulled forwards and I send the ice shards that now lie across the arena at her. They hit her in the side, and would pierce skin if not for the tech suit.

I run at her and swing my forearm across her face. Her head buckles back and I slide my foot under her legs she trips and I pin her to the ground for five seconds. A ding sounds and a screen shows her face fading away. She sighs and runs of to the side with a limp. I turn my head to see Mackenzie fly into the force field around the audience. She falls down though gets up quickly, despite the attack she had just be blown.