16. Relax

"Mother fucking star boy"

The loud bass pumping through the club and into my body urging it to move in a seductive rhythm to the beat, surrounded by moving bodies pressed against together in similar rhythm. The girls surround me shielding each other from predatory males, shooting venomous glares to anyone that dare approach or even look at us with suggestive eyes. Mitch, Matt, and Connor form an additional layer of protection their hands on their girl.

The faces in the crowd blur together as I head for the bar in search for Steph who had gone to replenish her drink but wasn't back yet. I volunteered to try and locate her but also to replenish my own drink. Bumping into the odd person here and there I finally made it to the busy bar being attended by about 4 people busy making drinks with flair, tossing and flipping the bottles in the air and shaking the drinks to the rhythm of the music.

My height gives me a better view of the people surrounding the bar, scanning the variety of different faces I was able to spot Steph trying desperately to gain the attention of the bartender closest to her, which seems to be proven difficult by the amount of time she had been gone. Starting to approach an unknown guy drops his hand onto the middle of her back and talks in her ear, she instantly lurks away making me instantly quick my step and slipped my arm around her creating a barrier for her.

"He bugging you?" I asked my head bowed to her ear like the man did just moments before but she welcomes my closeness by tilting her ear to me before nodding. I step closer to the bar completely blocking him from her with a glare.

"-Putanna," I heard the guy say to someone meaning whore. "I was just trying to have a little fun with your friend here," The guy raise his arms in mock surrender with an eye roll leaning back to laugh with his buddies beside him.

Deciding to ignore this guy, I turn and lucky was able to catch the eye of one the bartenders and waved my wrist bearing the vibrant orange VIP band, he beeline towards us instantly inquiring our needs with a harmless flirtatious smile before quickly preparing the order with the same flare I had observed for awhile. As we wait for our drinks the guy beside us is talking to his friends loud enough to be heard over the music in Italian, some of the things are funny and the rest is disgusting.

Getting our fruity cocktails I left Stephanie to walk ahead of me as I follow. I could feel the guys eyes on me as I sip my drink stepping away from the bar, my back rigid.

"Putanna, si sarebbe più eccitante se eri più piccola ," whore, you would be hotter if you were smaller. On what ever reflex that sober me would never have done I whip my head and glare into eyes before snapping.

" NON SONO NESSUNA PUTTANA ," I am no whore I seethed loudly drawing more attention. "TUA MADRE NON TI HA INSEGNATO LA RISPETTO, CULO!" Your mother didn't teach you respect. Steph was at my side instantly pulling towards where we were last all together, the guy was too shocked by my outburst to react.

I am still shaken up when we reach our group, I could tell by the temperature that my face is red and so are my ears. Pushing hair away from my face to behind my ears I take deep calming breaths through my nose before chugging back my tequila sunrise instead. Mitch tucked his girl under his arm protectively with concern and wonder etched on his face as well at the others.

"What happened?" Mitch observed wide eyed as my tense stature and red face- and probably crazed eyes.

"I'm not exactly sure other than- HOLY FUCK THAT WAS HOT!!!!" Steph cheered. "SHE.WENT.OFF- in Italian," she swooned into her boyfriend's arms with a drunken laugh easing no one's curiosity but sparking it more.

"First off she came out of nowhere as this creep tried to hit on me, then instantly flagged down a bartender which I was trying to for awhile THEN WHEN WE WERE WALKING AWAY THIS GUY- THE SAME GUY SAID SOMETHING I can only assume is nasty and AMELIA WHIPPED TO HIM SO FAST AND BEGUN A VERBAL ASSAULT IN ITALIAN," Steph recounted her side of the tale over the loud music with enthusiasm, bouncing in her spot her boyfriend looked grumpy at the knowledge of someone trying to get with his girl.