Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Robin was overdressed. She was surrounded by people wearing shorts, tank tops, and chuck taylors.

And she was wearing...yeah.

But she didn't let this phase her, even though people were looking at her with disapproving eyes.

She headed for the nearest store. She never grew out of shopping.

She went to different stores, local theatres, artwork sites and she even rode one of the ferris wheels.

At one point, her feet got too tired so she removed her heels and carried it with her.

She walked around barefooted and it felt so good.

"This is exactly what I needed." She said as she stopped to marvel a local artist's work.

Then, her gaze caught something Interesting.

"LOCAL FORTUNE TELLER." The sign on the little house blinked.

Robin wasn't supersticious but she wanted to try something different so she went in.

It was dark and the only source of light was in the kitchen.

She headed to the kitchen and found a middleaged woman sitting on one of the chairs near a wooden table.

"Sit down dear, let me read your future." The woman said without looking at Robin.

Robin obeyed and waited for the woman to read her palm or bring out a crystal ball but she didn't do any of these.

She just stared down, murmuring something to herself.

"You are here for pleasure?" The old woman asked with her head tilted to the left.

"Yes, yes I am." Robin said confidently, or so she hoped.

Something about the woman made her feel uneasy.

"Your mother is very worried about you and she cares dearly. But your ex-lover doesn't. Tell me child, why did you really come here?" The woman was now staring right at Robin.

Robin couldn't help the incredulous look on her face. How did she know know about her mum and Jack?

"Uhm..how did you-"

The woman cut her off with a dismissive wave off the hand.

"I know alot of things dear. Something good is coming your way, but there is also bad. You are a strong woman, you will handle it fine."

And with that, the woman stood up and left.

Robin couldn't believe what she had heard. What did she mean by something good and bad coming to her?

She wanted to ask all these questions but she rather let it answer themselves.

She stood up and headed for the door.

As she got out, she couldn't stop thinking about what the woman said about her mum and Jack.

Jack didn't care about her anymore. They brokeup but the hurt was still there.

"No, no more of this." She scolded herself.

And with that, she marched to one of the stores for more shopping, still barefooted.

Before she knew it, it was dark. And lots of people were heading to the gala.

"Must be the concert." She thought.

She was too tired and later on resigned to the nearest pub she could fine.

"One martini please." She shouted to the bartender.

The bar she was in was very noisy and she had to shout to be heard.

"Coming right up." The bartender said as he turned to her.

He gave her a rather mischievious grin before he turned to return to his work.

Robin couldn't help but return the grin. She was really enjoying herself so far.

"Nothing possibly can mess this trip up." She said as she gulped the martini.

Then, she heard an unfamiliar voice. It was deep, sultry and had a bit of an accent. Australian probably.

The sound of the voice became nearer.

"I believe those are my sunshades."

Her eyes widened and she turned around to look at him.

Her mouth dropped at the sight of him.

He was grinning broadly at her.

"It's you." She finally said.