"So that's what happened."

CHAPTER 23
"SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED."

*Sylvia*

It was not supposed to go like this he was not supposed to say he loved me for Christ's sake! I was already crying, he saw me as someone different, he didn't see me as some popular girl who was  rude but that's all going to change.

"We need to talk."

His eyebrows furrowed together and my vision was getting blurrier by the second. The two months was up today.

Then I felt the first drop of rain, I didn't even notice that the sky got cloudy.

"Dylan I am so sorry for what I'm about to say, but please hear me out."

"Wait you can tell me in my truck." The rain wasn't a light sprinkle anymore, it started to pour.

"No. I need to tell you right now."

He stepped back, no no no. "What did you do."

A sob racked through my body at what I was about to tell him. All that was going through my head right now is, why did I even accept the dare?

"Dylan I-I was dared to a-ask you out."

His face told me everything I need to know. I could see the hope that he had in his eyes for me deflate and anger filled them. He was done with me.

"No."

I took his hands in mine and through tears I spoke, "Yes. And Dylan I am so sorry, I-I love you"

What else was I supposed to tell him, it would be okay. No because it isn't. He snatched his hands out of mine and his jaw was clenched tightly together. He came up right in front of my face.

"How dare you. How dare you."

All I could do is cry in response, what else was I supposed to do?

He pulled at his hair and then stepped back from me. "And to think that I love you. You did this to me."

"I saw you differently from what other people saw you as, I stopped believing in what people said about you."

"I was a fool though, to think that this was genuine. Towards this while thing it was one sides and fake."

I did deserve it he shouldn't be going through this a second time but I couldn't take it anymore.

"Who said it was one sided? Who said that my feelings towards you were genuine? Who sa-" I couldn't finish what was saying because next thing I know he's yelling at me.

"You have the fùcking audacity to say that to me when you the one who even went along with it! Don't start defending yourself when it's your fault!"

"This was real to me too." My voice was weak and horse from crying. He stepped away from me and started tow all towards his truck.

"Please don't go. Please." I begged with tears streaming down my face. "Why shouldn't I? You said you loved me! I trusted you and you-you just lied and told me it was real when it was all a lie!" He cried out. He finally broke.