Fin

The rain had begun to cease and daybreak was coming. I wasn't sure if D had slept at all tonight the sound of the pouring rain made it hard for me to determine if he rested the whole night like a normal person should or he had slept crying to the tune of the song "Tonight" by FM Static. He has been like that for past 6 months unable to accept to himself or to others that I had gone from this world. He is the main reason I came back it was as if his anguished soul had reached the heavens and pulled me back from the place of eternal light. He needed closure, we needed closure. His parents were worried sick since he showed signs of depression. It was only through therapy and counseling with a psychologist in Arlington that he stopped having suicidal notions. Maybe him talking to me every night and pretending I was still alive was helping him cope up little by little. Though he would cry himself to sleep over me it was better than him having the urge to jump off the roof of Springfield High.

His so called friends had distance themselves away from him and Trina she had tried to bring him back to reality but he wouldn't listen to anyone. It was as if the love he felt for her hand vanished and all that was left has loathing. I knew he blamed himself for my death even though everyone had told him the fault was not his.

The sun had risen and the birds and the bees hummed the morning tune. I spotted him looking out his window and staring at my now empty room. I was sat on the roof directly in front of him but I was of no use because he couldn't see me. My purpose in this world ever since my return probably was to help him get through this somehow. I saw him heading towards the house like he usually does carrying a red envelop in his hand. Why hadn't I thought before that my letter to him seemed like a scarlet letter? Why hadn't I thought that I was a sign for something horrible? Maybe just maybe if he hadn't read that letter he would get through it somehow.

The trellis creaked and he made his way up the roof to watch the sun rise, my letter as in his hands. He read it every day like a poem timing it to when the sun rose. I could in his eyes the immense pain as he read each word, I wanted to tell him I was right here. I was sitting right next to him listening to him read each word from my letter, feeling his pain when I thought about the what ifs and the if only. I could only watch in silence as tears started to stream down his beautiful face yet again.

As I reached out to wipe the tears falling I prayed for the storm to pass for the light to break free...

,serif;mso8