Part 1

My knife was digging into my thigh as I ran through the woods.The pain was excruciating but I could manage.My dog Dixon was running along side me panting.He and I were in need of Food,Water,Shelter and a break.
"Daddy would be proud that were safe." I sadly look at my dog trying not to cry. Dixon whimpered which quickly turned into a growl deep within his chest. I snapped my head up and hushed him when I heard twigs and leaves crunching. I snuck forward and grabbed my knife ignoring the pain in my leg. I get a little closer and notice a figure. It was a Deer! Dixon barked which made me jump, and I do over and hold his collar back. I look up and notice the Deer is gone. I get angry and sigh in frustration because he could've attracted feeders (that's what I call them) Or worse, people. We traveled a little farther and found a river. I collected water in empty bottles and let Dixon drink. I set up camp near the river and put a little fire in the middle. I settle down between the fire and the river and let my dog sleep. He woke up and noticed me shivering, So he came over and put his head on my lap. Next morning we packed and kept moving but this morning my Thigh was worse but I numbed the pain to keep my dog and myself safe. We were walking through the wood when we found a barn with a horse beside it. He was a Grey horse with black speckles and a white blaze.
"Beautiful" I mutter to myself. Alone and still saddled and reined, I looked at the horse examining what could have happened to him when I saw dried blood on his hind legs. I reach my hand out and it whinnies at first, catching me off guard but then I hold my hand out and hold it near the velvety muzzle. I grab the reins and slowly lead the skittish horse toward the barn. Before I fully open the barn doors, the horse rears up and I hear a growl low in Dixon's throat.
The reins ripped out of my hands. As I go to grab them, something caught me from being and before I could realize what it was, we were on the floor. I grab the feeders throat as my finger starts slipping through. I struggle to grab my knife with my free hand. I lose focus and panic and look over seeing Dixon fighting one too. Fear clouded over me as I look at my dog then the biter. "I have to get away" I thought but I didn't wanna get eaten. I finally was able to get my knife in hand and stab the feeder in the head. I push the rotted corpse off of me and kill the one that is under me dog. The terrifying part is when you actually have to smell it. Anyway I was excited because that was the first feeder I've EVER killed. My brothers and Dad taught me those skills.... I couldn't help but let a tear fall. They were right in front of me being torn apart and I coupdnt save them. I fell to my knees and started crying putting my face in my hands. "I have to find her" I whisper to myself trying to calm myself down. I get angry at myself for not being able to save anyone and cut my finger with my knife. I know stupid right? I grab a cloth and wrap it around my finger. I hop on the horse putting Dixon in a bag and carrying him with me. We arrive at this little house,(two story) and I check the house. I make sure its safe and signal for my dog to come in. We check for any wholes or any place the feeders could get in, but there wasnt any. I put the horse in the tiny backyard and go upstairs. I lay down and Dixon comes up on the bed with me. I fall asleep for the first time in 2 days.