Chaos In The House

We had made it. Ben pulled into the driveway and we saw Hannah and Cailey rush out the front door. Ben was getting worse by the minute. We needed to get him inside. Zach was the first out of the car.

"Zach!!" Hannah yelled out, running towards him.

""Hannah!!" Zach replied, holding Hannah in his arms. They kissed for a minute, then Zach remembered Ben.

"Cailey, where's Maddie." I asked. She looked back towards the house at Madison, who was standing at the door.

"What? What happened?" My sister asked. Then she looked at Ben who stumbled out of the car. She instantly turned back and yelled into the house. "Someone get me my doctors bag!!"

"Where were you guys? It's been almost a week!" Cailey exclaimed.

"We just did stuff, it doesn't matter right now." I replied, quickly. Ben was my top priority right now. I helped Ben into the house and onto the couch. Everyone bombed us with questions, but all I was worried about was Ben. He had lost a lot of blood.

"Everybody, back up. I work better without an audience." Madison's voice silenced everyone else's. "Bubby, talk to me. What happened?"

"He got bit by a wolf. It doesn't look good. I'm pretty sure the muscle is torn." I explained to my sister. She unwrapped Ben's wounded left hand and my heart dropped. His hand was bloody and limp. The wolf had ripped off a lot of the flesh. Three of his five fingers were missing and bone was exposed in several places. The animal had really done some damage.

"This is really bad, Ben. Can you move it?" Madison asked. Ben shook his head, trying to avoid looking at his hand. "Ben, I can tell you, without a doubt, I can't save what's left."

"The hell does that mean!!" Ben yelled, wincing from the pain.

"It means we have to amputate what's left." Madison said firmly. Ben froze. I felt sick to my stomach.

"Ampu-" Ben stuttered. Maddie nodded.

"It's the only option." She said. "I'm going to give you a dose of morphine so you don't feel the pain as much. I suggest everyone leaves for this."

"Everybody, clear out." Cailey instructed. Everyone except Madison, Ben, and me, fled the room. Madison reached into her bag and pulled out a syringe. She filled it with morphine and injected it into Ben's upper arm. I was just as scared as Ben at this point.

"Are you sure you can do this?" I asked my sister as she rummaged through her bag.

"I got this. Trust me." She assured me. She pulled a large tool that looked like a saw out of her bag. I couldn't watch this.

"Ben, It's all going to be fine. Just fight through it." I said to Ben, setting my hand on his shoulder. He nodded with a tear in his eye. I then turned around and exited the room. All I could do was pray for my friend.

"Is he going to be okay?" Zach asked me in the kitchen. I shrugged.

"I hope." I replied as Hannah approached us.

"Zach, we went to the hospital and I got an Ultrasound. Our baby is a girl!!" Hannah squealed in excitement. Zach's eyes lit up. Tears of joy started to form. He hugged his mate, being cautious of her belly. I was happy for them, but I couldn't get my mind off Ben. It was my fault that he was losing a hand.

"Don't worry, Drayton. He'll be okay. I know it." Hannah assured me. I was happy she didn't hate me for kidnapping her lover. As I waited for Maddie to finish up with Ben, I greeted everyone else. There was only one person that I couldn't find. Emilie. I went to ask Hannah where she was but was distracted by Brianna. She hugged me tightly and sighed.