Klaus watched the boy fall to the ground, and felt no sense of remorse. The act of killing thrilled him. Of course, his real intentions were only to kill vampires, but anyone who dared to protect the vile creatures were just as much of a target in his eyes. He watched the boy for a second, and began to walk away in search of his brother.

Damion laid there with a hand placed over his stomach, where blood was rushing from. His breathing was quick and deep, as he applied pressure trying to buy himself more time. He grunted in pain failing miserably to keep the wound from bleeding further as he was unable to use any of his powers to aid himself. His vision was blurring in a mixture of colors, as he watched a figure sit next to him on their knees, smiling down at him brightly.

The blue eyes almost made him snicker.

Raven smiled as she placed her hand over his wound applying the necessary pressure that he was too weak to do on his own. His stomach warmed at her contact and he frowned wondering how she gained such ability. He opened his mouth to speak, and she shushed him softly.

"Help is coming. I can't do much in this form, but this should keep you alive a little longer." Her voice was smooth but cracked at the end of her sentence, and he noticed her form was glowing slightly. He must have been losing a lot of blood, he thought to himself. Raven looked around an impatient frown forming on her face, but was slowly replaced with a smile as she spotted whoever she was looking for. She looked back down at Damion, who had been staring at her intently, trying to figure out what was different about her.

Raven removed her hands from Damion's body, as Esme crashed to the floor next to him, her eyes wide and filled with tears as she took in his condition. Damion eyed Raven in confusion as Esme had just ran past her as if she had not seen her. "Oh my, Damion!" Esme cried as she looked at his wound. "I can fix this. Hold on." She rolled up her sleeve, and took a deep bite from her wrist before shoving the bloody wound into Damion's mouth.

Damion slowly drank the blood, as he eyed Raven curiously, she was still smiling at him watching the exchange. Damion shakily raised his hand pointing at Raven, trying to get Esme to look at her, but when Esmerelda turned around she turned back quickly frowning. "What are you pointing at?" Damion frowned at her words, and pulled away from her wrist, the wound on his stomach already beginning to tingle and heal.

"Raven." He spoke, and Esmerelda turned around again before frowning.

"She's not here, Damion." She replied.

Realization sunk into Damion. He looked at Raven, who was smiling at him sadly before her figure began to blur and disappear. Damion's eyes widened as he stared back at Esmerelda, who had a worried expression on her face.

"He heard you, Esmerelda." He said, referring to when he asked her to pray for him. If Raven had not been there to press down on his wound and prevent more blood from spilling, he would have without a doubt bled out on the floor. Something even Esmerelda's blood could not have healed him from.

Damion breathed out, throwing his head back against the floor as he stared at the sky and let out a loud laugh. He laughed as he realized his friend was dead. Raven, the girl who he always argued with about food, was dead. Damion began to laugh harder, not realizing tears were now pouring down his face. He began to remember the brief conversations they had, and how they were more alike than either of them wished to admit.

Damion's laughter was empty of amusement and joy, but was filled with pain and misery. He tossed his head to the side, tears leaking onto the grass. His chest began to hurt from laughing, and soon his laughter turned into quiet sobs. Esmerelda quickly pulled him towards her, wrapping her arms around him tightly, comforting him.

"Damion, what's wrong?" She whimpered. His pain brought tears to her eyes.

Damion quickly calmed down when he heard a soft voice in his ear. Stop being a crybaby warlock, you don't have to fight with me about food anymore. 

Damion flinched hearing her laugh trying to lighten his mood, and to an extent it worked. He had stopped crying and was able to stare Esmerelda in her eyes. Her eyes were bright and filled with concern, and in that moment, she had never looked more beautiful to him. He gave her a forced smile, and she stared at him still confused from his break down.

"We need to join the others." He stood up wobbly, and regained his composure. He needed to help as many people as he could. He would not let another one of his team members die tonight.

Esmerelda and Damion looked up noticing the sun was setting quickly and night was falling upon them. They both watched as it was suddenly dark all around them, it was not midnight but it was an obvious change from the bright sunlight from before. The blue moon stared down at them, watching them almost interested.

"We need to move fast." Esmerelda beckoned, fear rising inside of her. The blue moon was known for many things. It did different things for certain supernatural beings. Esme quickly pulled Damion with her, not wanting to stand around and find out who was gifted by the moon tonight.

As everyone continued fighting, no one noticed the small woman standing in front of a thick tree, her body was facing the direction of screams and crying, but her face was tilted upwards toward the moon. Her body had stopped shaking a while ago, as she smiled gratefully for her new abilities. Her eyes moved around the clearing examining everything clearly, and stopped when they locked in on the person she was searching for. Before she moved to approach her opponent, the woman took a knee and closed her eyes tightly before opening them. She smiled brightly for the moon had gave her the greatest gift imaginable. 

The gift of sight. 

───────────────────────────────────