Chapter 30.

The Vampire's Sweetheart

Chapter Thirty

───────────────────────────────────

*3rd POV*

"Run!" Novienna's hands tingled as she began to quickly pull herself out of the ditch. Her face and suit were covered in mud from Raven's quick attempt to camouflage her. She grunted finally making her way out of her hiding place, and immediately began to run back towards the house to find Locaine or Zofia, someone who could possibly protect her. Her breathing was heavy as she exhaled loudly from her mouth, swinging her arms back and forth as she continued to run seeing the house in the distance.

Novienna hesitated in her steps as she tried to think of how Raven could distract Aleksandria for so long. She gave me just enough time, Novienna thought to herself as she threw herself against the side of the house. She gave shaky breaths as she peeked around, watching as the fight had only grown more gruesome since she left. She couldn't see her father anywhere, nor could she find Locaine. Could it be possible they were- Her thoughts were cut short when she heard a loud hissing come from behind her.

Novienna froze as she slowly turned to stare into the pitch-black eyes of Aleksandria. Aleksandria began to step forward towards Novienna, but paused as she stared towards the battle ground. She tilted her head, her nostrils flaring as she took notice of the horses. She gave a low growl staring at Novienna before shaking out her hands, a new taste for vengeance on her tongue as she began to creep towards the men with the purple capes. Novienna stood there shocked and confused on why Aleksandria did not try to kill her when she had the perfect opportunity. Novienna wasted no time with thinking, and quickly continued to move in search of Locaine or Zofia.

~

Damion's forehead was glistening with sweat as he tried to keep his focus on the four growling wolves stalking him relentlessly. His nerves were causing him to lose focus, and he could not concentrate on his spells. He was getting tired, and the wolves creeped closer noticing his actions slowing down. He had been fighting side by side with Langston, but he was guided in a different direction when a Valentina Hunter had neared the house where he believed Novienna to be hiding. His mind flickered to Violet, and began to wonder if she was somewhere safe. She was being guarded by Zofia, so she was without a doubt safe from any form of harm.

A loud growl brought Damion's attention back on the situation at hand. It seemed like the wolves were only multiplying, it did not matter how many he killed, they seemed to be endless. He had mumbled a few words to himself before raising his hands towards the tree, causing it to fall over and land between him and the wolves, giving himself a couple minutes to gather himself. Its trunk was too thick for them to jump over, so they would have to go around, and it was long in length. Damion backed away coughing slightly from the dirt that had raised in the air from the tree's rough landing. He bent over on his knees slowing his breathing, as he tried to relax his body and his mind.

Damion, satisfied with his state, straightened his body and listened in on the wolves, who had for some strange reason stopped growling. He crept up to the tree using his powers to levitate him so he could see over it, and frowned when he realized they had left. He landed back on the ground, and turned away from the tree. Damion stopped abruptly when he felt a metallic object shoving itself into the side of his stomach, making a home in his body. He looked down at the sword, and then up to meet the cold, dark eyes of the man, who intended on killing him. He had a sly smile on his face, and pulled the sword out of Damion's skin before wiping it across his suit.