Prologue:

I couldn't keep my hands from shaking as I felt an unsuspecting cool breeze blow on my neck. The hairs on my arm rose up, when I felt something warm and wet run up my neck. I unwillingly sighed in content when warmth shot through my body, after a gentle kiss was placed underneath my ear. 

"What are the odds," the deep voice sent chills down my spine. Another kiss was placed delicately on my neck, "My beloved is America's sweetheart, the hunter's daughter." 

My mind was fuzzy, as I struggled to piece together my thoughts as he continued to torture me innocently with his little kisses. Hunter? Who is a hunter? My dad is just the president. 

Unsatisfied with my silence, an arm gripped me tightly whirling me around to face them. A gasp was caught in my throat, as I found myself staring into dark red eyes. My gaze lowered down to his mouth, which was open just enough for me to notice the bright white fangs hanging from his upper gums. 

I stumbled backwards, trying to balance myself as I pushed away from the monster. My entire body was shaking with fear and panic. 

"You're a vampire!" The corner of his mouth tilted up into a smirk. With speed I couldn't imagine to be possible, he was in front of me again. His hand tilting my chin up, as he buried his face in my neck inhaling deeply. He brought his eyes to mine, with a satisfied grin. 

"Yes," His lips brushed against mine, "And you're the vampire's sweetheart."