Chapter 20.

The Vampire's Sweetheart

Chapter Twenty

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend/editor, Lani. Thank you for your support, dear. <3

───────────────────────────────────

I rolled my eyes in annoyance as Lucky and Damion continued arguing over who would get the last bit of cereal out of the box. I thought they would get along well- considering their personalities were so similar- but that proved to be wrong as they had been arguing over the dumbest things all day. Apparently I was not the only one growing irritated with their childish antics for they both quieted immediately once Demetri threatened to kill them both with his bare hands. 

My heart began to beat wildly only meaning that Locaine was coming near, and I turned my head noticing him coming down the steps. It was hard to imagine I was just deathly afraid of him two days before. He was truly a masterpiece- very pleasing to the eye, but I also had found he had one of the most interesting minds. You would never know this unless you truly spent time with him, but he had quite the sense of humor. 

"I need everyone to report to the back woods behind the cottage. We need to make sure everyone is at their fullest potential before this war." His voice was strong, and was impossible to go against. A pouting Lucky and Damion nodded their head stubbornly as they watched Raven eat the cereal they were arguing over. With a mouthful of milk and bits of cocoa puffs Raven looked up nodding her head frantically. 

"Sure thing, cap." She quickly swallowed the food, wiping the side of her mouth. Gia, who had been sitting with Alaric, scrunched her face in disgust as she watched Raven eat carelessly. I had quickly learned that Alaric and Gia- despite the fact that their races were opposing forces- mixed well together; Locaine informed me that they always fought side by side, never allowing one to handle anything alone. It was romantic, but when I said that Gia threatened to chew my arm off, to which Locaine threatened to bury her alive. 

I also learned that Lucky was the silly one of the bunch, though I kind of assumed that when he used his powers to scare me. Raven was a close second, and oddly I attached to her quickly. She was hilarious, and ate a bunch- just like me. I had not talked to Demetri or Zofia, who had been spending most of her time with Damion. Damion tried to convince me that it was just a friendship thing, but it was clear it was much more than that, to him at least. The thought made me frown, I was secretly shipping him and Esme. 

Speaking of Esme, "Will Esme be apart of this too?" Damion's eyebrows raised at the sound of her name. Huh, maybe the Damion and Esme boat hadn't sunk completely yet. Locaine shrugged at my question, not thinking about it much. 

"It is her own decision. She would not make neither a positive or negative contribution." I looked at him weirdly. A "yes" or "no", would have sufficed. 

Moments later everyone was in a circle in the woods, and I tagged along just to witness more of their abilities. 

"So, how is this training thing going to work?" Raven spoke up. 

"One at a time we will all fight." Locaine responded, staring at the group. 

Alaric looked around the woods with a frown on his face, similar to my own, "Fight who?"