Chapter 15.

The Vampire's Sweetheart

Chapter Fifteen

───────────────────────────────────

After Locaine savagely marked me, I immediately ran upstairs. Angry tears streamed down my face, as I knew there was no escaping him now. Just as I was beginning to warm up to him, he goes and bites a chunk in my neck. I should have been more secretive about being excited about leaving. Maybe, I would not have this bite mark on my neck. No, eventually he would have marked me anyway. Nothing could have prevented this. 

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and I immediately retreated underneath the bed. I frowned at the cliche hiding spot, but there was really no other place I could hide with such little timing. I noticed the black boots walking in the room, and stared at them in confusion. Locaine did not have on black boots, did he? 

Suddenly, a face appeared looking at me with a boyish charming grin, "Peek-a-boo." I squealed in surprise alarmingly trying to sit up straight only managing to bang my head against the bed. I groaned in pain, and the boy's eyes widened as he quickly pulled me out from underneath the bed, scanning my head over to see no serious injury. 

"And who are you?" I asked, and he shook his head before smiling once again before saluting me in a mocking way. 

"Damion, at your service mi'lady." He mocked, and bent over before sitting up straight chuckling. 

As weird and strange as he was, he was quite funny, and the closest thing to normal I have witnessed since Locaine took me from my home. "You're not anything weird right? Not some sort of shape shifter or airbender?" I joked, partially serious. I just needed someone normal, like me. 

He started laughing hysterically wiping away fake tears, "Oh Heavens no!" I sighed in relief, and he looked at me with a straight face. "I am a warlock." Cue the groaning. 

"A war-what now?" 

His eyes brightened at the chance to talk about himself, "A warlock. I practice magic." 

"So.. a witch?" He frowned at my words, shaking his head. 

"Witch is usually a term preferred for women, who practice magic. I, as a male, go by warlock." I looked at him weirdly, and shrugged. At least he was not trying to kill me. 

He stared at me dumb-founded before he smacked his forehead laughing, "I am one of King Locaine's guards. He summoned me to keep you company now that Esmerelda is gone." I pouted slightly remembering how Locaine forced Esme and Khalida to leave. Esme was starting to grow on me, and Khalida- well Khalida is um.. Okay, I am not upset that she is gone.