Chapter 3.

The Vampire's Sweetheart

Chapter Three

───────────────────────────────────   

~ Esme's P.O.V.~ 

My entire body shook with fear as I sped home as fast as I could. Normally I would admire the wind rushing through my hair, or the beautiful creatures that stared at me in wonder; but after being taken by a Valentina, I wanted nothing more than to return to the palace and inform the king. I barged through the antique palace doors, and stopped to catch my breath momentarily. Running never wore a vampire out, but when used excessively it can be extremely tiring. 

Bending over with my hands on my knees, my head snapped up when I heard the sharp clicking of heels against the floor. The first thing I noticed was a long, beautiful black dress, and I knew immediately who it was. I rolled my eyes as envy rolled through my body, as I looked up to peer into the dark red eyes that belonged to Aleksandria. 

Aleksandria literally had everything. Her skin was flawless free of any form of flaw, and her hair cascaded down her back in silky black tresses. Every vampire, and nearly every human female and male, desired to be with her. If the king did not find his beloved in the next year, she would without a doubt take position as vampire queen. A title she has been yearning for, for ages. Aleksandria was also one of the oldest vampires alive; she was even older than the king himself, which confused many on why she wasn't crowned before him. She was even stronger than him.

She tilted her head at me, eyeing my face which was probably flushed from running. "You interacted with the humans, yes?" Her Russian accent was thick, and her voice was raspy but still very pleasant to listen to. 

I stood up straight before simply nodding my head. Aleksandria was very intimidating; she radiated dominance and power, and surprisingly never used it against anyone for fun. She actually was not a vile being, despite what you would expect. 

"I take it.. you did not find them entertaining?" She questioned furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. Aleksandria dedicated her life defending non-vampires, including werewolves. She believed one day our race would die out if we continued our evil antics, of murdering relentlessly. The only vampires who murdered were those who let power get to their head, the king being a very strong example. Aleksandria was the only vampire, who only fed off other vampires, never once drinking blood from a human since she was originally turned. 

"I was captured by a hunter." Her eyes widened in curiosity and pride of those who defended themselves. "By the Valentina family." Her red eyes darkened immediately. Aleksandria hated the Valentinas, no one knew why, and no one asked.