Chapter 67

The next day, Dad and Sue dropped the kids off together before they both left for work. Jack and Seth came with them. Leah, who had finally imprinted about two months ago, was hanging out with him today, so I wouldn't get to see her.

Emmett was upstairs waiting for my dad and Sue to leave before he would come down and meet the kids. Paul had explained to me that he had a gut feeling that this would help him in a way. We both knew he had his thirst under control, so that wouldn't be a problem.

"What is he doing here?" Seth and Jack asked.

"He's a guest, knock it off," I said, swatting them both upside the head.

"Who?" My dad asked. I looked to Paul, hoping he would explain.

"Elizabeth and I invited Emmett Cullen to stay with us for a few days. Rosalie left him," Paul explained.

"Rosalie left him?" My dad asked, shock filling his voice. "Could I maybe talk to him?"

"Yeah," I said. Paul yelled for him, well faked yelling because he heard everything.

"Hey," Emmett said as he made his way down the stairs at human pace.

"Hey, can I talk to you outside for a minute?" My dad asked. Emmett agreed and followed my dad outside.

Dad knew about the cold ones, and that the Cullen's were vampires. That also meant he knew about his oldest daughter's decision to be a vampire.

"You okay, Liz?" Paul asked, rubbing my back. I nodded and cuddled into his side a little bit more.

Soon enough, Emmett entered the house again and Dad and Sue left for work.

"What's that smell?" Emmett asked. "It was faint before but now it's really strong."

"What's it smell like?" Paul asked.

"It's the sweetest smell ever. Like a good sweet," Emmett said.

"It's probably Wyatt," I said, bouncing him on my hip.

"What?" They both questioned me.

"Well, he's met Grayson before, and Sammy should smell at least somewhat like a wolf. Jack did imprint on her," I explained.

"She has a point," Paul said. He walked over to me and traded twins with me. We all went to the living room where Grayson was watching a movie. Jack and Seth were getting ready to leave for patrol.

"Lizzie, I think we need to talk," Emmett said. He had been holding Wyatt for the past few minutes, and I honestly wasn't paying much attention to them.

"Okay," I said, setting Sammy down on the floor with Paul and Wyatt. Emmett and I walked into the kitchen and I stood where I could still keep an eye on the children.

"I think your son is my singer," he said.

"That's awesome Emmett. I'm really glad you found him," I said. I pulled him into a hug, which he returned quickly.

"We're going to have to figure something out, because now I want to be here to protect him," Emmett said.

"We can talk to Paul later, but I don't know how it's going to work," I said. "You know how tribal leaders get about the pack and cold ones."

"Unfortunately," he said.

That night after we put the kids to bed, and while Jack and Colin were hanging out with Quil and Seth, Emmett, Paul, and I sat down to try and work something out.

"We could always put a little apartment above the garage," I said.

"He can't stay on tribal lands permanently," Paul said.

"What about your parents house, Emmett?" I asked.

"I don't think they'll let me use it. I got into a big fight with Rosalie and Mikey before I left," he said.

"You could travel if you wanted, and come back and see him whenever you wanted," Paul suggested.

"That's a good idea, Emmett. Take the next 15 years or so and travel the world. Figure things out for yourself. Stop in every few months and visit," I said.

"I'm not so sure I want to do that. I want to be here, protecting him," Emmett said.

"Your best bet of doing that is not being here. I'm sorry, but if you stick around too much he will end up phasing really young. That won't be good for him," Paul said.

"Alright. I'll leave my cell phone number with you guys. If anything happens to him, please, please, please let me know," he said.

"We will," I said. "I promise."

"Alright," Emmett said, standing up to leave. "I think I'm going to head North. See the Denali's again."

"I think that's a great idea," I said. Emmett ran upstairs and grabbed his bag before leaving me his cell phone number and heading off to Alaska.