Chapter 66

"We will not be fighting. We will not stand with you. And, you will leave town as soon as possible, because you will be held responsible for every boy that phases between now and the time of your departure," Paul explained to the Cullen's. The pack meeting had ended twenty minutes ago, and now, here we are. Luckily Sue had agreed to keep the kids all day tomorrow, or maybe it was today, and the next night so Paul and I could actually sleep.

"What?" Bella asked, throwing her normal attitude. "Jake, make them do something."

"I can't," he said. "They made the decision."

"Lizzie, I'm your sister. This is your niece's life we're talking about here," Bella whined.

"You haven't been a very good sister, and as much as I love Nessie, I love the pack more. You guys cause nothing but trouble and then we have to clean up the mess you leave behind. I'm not doing it again," I said.

"Carlisle," she whined. Wow, last resort much.

"There's nothing I can do. They've made their decision," Carlisle said. "And personally, I agree with the choice they made."

"I do also," Emmett said. "I also have decided to go off on my own for a few years. I need some time to figure things out for myself."

They all stood shocked as he walked into the living room with a duffel bag over his shoulder. He hadn't left his room in three days until Paul and I showed up earlier.

"Carlisle and Esme, thank you, for everything," he said. He walked around the room saying goodbye to everyone until he got to Paul and I. He shook Paul's hand and hugged me. Paul and Emmett had started to get along better after the whole Volturri thing went down the first time.

"Wait for us outside and then come to our house for a bit. I think you should meet the kids before you leave," Paul said. That shocked everyone even more than Emmett leaving.

Soon enough, Paul and I walked outside, meeting Emmett beside my blue Jeep. The thing was beat to Hell, but we kept it for the kids to learn to drive in.

"This car would be really nice if you put some work into it," Emmett said, admiring my car.

"I know. I've been driving it for almost six years, and I rebuilt everything in it then. I have another car now, but it's still nice to drive this one around sometimes," I said. Paul started the car and drove us back to the reservation.

"Um, so the kids aren't going to be home until tomorrow," I said, realizing it was now five in the morning.

"That's fine," Emmett said.

"You can just hang out here with us. I can't imagine what you're going through," Paul said.

"Do you mind if I head North for the day? I want to go hunting so I don't hurt the kids," he said.

"I don't care so long as you're off tribal lands," Paul said. Emmett nodded before taking off into the woods on the North side of the house.

"Do you think we made the right decision?" Paul asked me as we crawled into bed.

"Yes," I said, snuggling as close to his body heat as I could.

"I hope so," he said before shutting the lights off so we could sleep.

We'd been asleep for six hours or so when someone stormed into the house.

"Go deal with them," I whined, but Paul made me get up anyways.

"Why the Hell does this place smell like a leech?" Jack asked, pacing around the room.

"Calm down," Paul said. "I invited Emmett Cullen over."

"Why?" Jack hissed. The thought of a vampire being near his imprint was boiling his blood and it was pretty obvious.

"His mate left him for another guy," I said. "What if Sammy did that to you?" That stopped him dead in his tracks.

"She won't, will she?" He asked.

"Only time will tell," Paul answered.

There was a knock on the front door and Paul went to answer it, even though it was noticable that he just climbed out of bed.

A few moments later, Paul and Emmett returned. Emmett's bottom lip trembled, causing him to try and steady it, but he broke down instead.

"She's really gone," he said. "I can't believe it. Rosalie really left me."

"It's okay, take a deep breath," I said. He rolled his eyes at me. "Emmett, calm down. I'm sure your perfect match is out there somewhere."

"You're right. I'm just angry that she allowed me to believe I was her singer for all those years, ya know?" He asked.

"I get it, man," Paul said, and they headed into the living room to watch whatever sporting event was on.

"Where's Sammy?" Jack asked as is tarted to prepare lunch.

"At my dad's," I said. "All three of them are there. Sue and Dad are keep in them tonight too."

"Damn," he muttered under his breath.

"I heard that," I said. "Just ask Seth if you can hang out tonight. I'm sure Sue will let you stay there with Seth."

"Can I use the phone?" He asked and I nodded, causing him to grab the cordless phone and run off to his bedroom like a two year old.

As I made lunch, my mind kept wandering back to Emmett and Rosalie. They'd been so in love a few years ago, and now this happens. My heart went out to him. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if Paul ran off with another woman.