Chapter 52

Next up was our dances. Paul's "mother son dance" was up first. He decided that Sue was the only mother figure in his life in a long time, so she should dance with him. The two danced to the song "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Paul also insisted that I dance with Grayson, since I was the only mother in his life that truly mattered. I held Grayson in my arms and spun slowly while singing the song to him.

"I love you, Grayson Ethan," I said as the song ended.

"I love you too, Mama," he said, tightening his arms into a hug. I hugged him back while trying to blink away the tears in my eyes. I sat him on the ground and he took off running for Paul so I could have my dance with my father.

My dad has always dreamed of dancing to the song "I Loved Her First" by Heartland with one of us girls. Alice, of course, didn't know this while planning Bella and Edward's wedding. I'm actually kind of thankful that she didn't so I could be the one to dance to this song with my father.

About halfway through the song my dad started talking to me. "Elizabeth, I love you," he said. "I always have and I always will. Don't think that just cause you're married now you can run away with your husband."

"I won't Dad," I said. "Paul and I will always be here for you and Sue. We need you guys. Grayson needs you. I love you too, Dad."

"Don't think that just cause I'm married to Sue now you don't matter. You're still my number one," he said.

"Thanks Dad," I said, tearing up. "It means a lot."

"I love you," he said, planting a kiss on my forehead as the song ended.

"I love you too," I said, wiping my tears away.

"Go. Live your life. Do great things," he said, motioning to Paul.

"I will," I said before walking over to Paul and waiting for our song to start.

As the music to "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz started playing, Paul and I started dancing like we did every time we practiced. Paul and I both started singing the song to each other.

"Do you remember that night at prom?" Paul asked, causing me to stop singing.

"Of course. This was the first song we slow danced to," I said, recalling the night.

"I wanted to kiss you so bad," he said. "Well, actually more than kiss, but you know."

"Paul," I said, laughing at him.

"And now that your my wife," he said, leaning down to kiss me. As our lips met, the fireworks we're stronger than they'd ever been.

I pulled back quickly though. "Since I'm your wife, you are now in charge of 13 teenage boys and 1 teenage girl."

"That's not even fair," he mumbled as I went back to singing the song. He returned to singing too, causing me to blush, since, as much as he won't admit it Paul is a really great singer. 

Shortly before the song ended, I laid my head on his chest and just listened to him. "I could listen to you sing forever," I said, causing him to chuckle.

"I'm not that good," he said, laughing slightly. "And definitely not as good as you."

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Babe, listen to yourself sing sometime. You may think basketball was your only talent, but your singing voice is phenomenal," he said as the song ended.

"Thanks, babe," I said, kissing his lips. I had to stand on my tiptoes since he has a definite height advantage.

Next on the list of things to do was the Wedding Shoe Game. So basically Paul and I had to sit back to back with one of his dress shoes in one hand on one of my dress shoes (no I didn't wear them for the ceremony) in the other. Emily was going to ask the questions and we had to hold up the shoe of whoever we thought answered the question better.

"Okay, to start off, who has the most friends?" Emily asked after explaining the rules to everyone else. I held up my own shoe, knowing Paul probably was too. He wasn't ever very good at making friends.

"Next question," Emily said. "Who can hold their liquor better?"

"This isn't fair," I said, holding Paul's shoe up. "I'm not even 21."

"Sam made the questions, not me," Emily said. I rolled my eyes, knowing Sam would notice. "Moving on, who is the better athlete?"

"Not fair," Paul said. I held his dress shoe up, but half held mine up too. "She can't do anything since the coyote attack."

"Again, Sam's fault, not mine," Emily said. "Who apologizes first after a fight?" That one took some thinking. We didn't fight much, but I think it was normally him, so I held his dress shoe up in the air.

"Who is the one who is always late?" Emily asked, causing me to almost throw Paul's shoe up in the air. I heard Sam chuckling before he stole Emily's microphone.

"You guys do know you can answer with your own shoes right?" Sam asked.

"Ha ha, very funny Uley," I yelled at him.

"Next question, who is the biggest bookworm?" Emily asked. Immediately, my shoe went up in the air. Paul didn't ever read unless I was.

"Who was the most popular in high school?" She asked. I didn't hold a shoe up. Everyone thought he was in a gang. I hadn't been in an actual school since sophomore year, and no sophomores were popular.

"Lizzie, you gonna answer?" Emily asked.

"Neither of us were really popular," I said, holding up my own shoe.

"Who is more romantic?" Emily asked. I held up Paul's shoe, knowing he'd be holding up mine. Jared was off to the side video taping so we could see each other answers and reactions.

"Who cries during sappy movies?" She asked. Me. I always cry during sappy movies and Paul always gives me a hard time for it.

"Who screams at the television during sporting events?" Emily asked. I held both shoes up, because we've both been known to do it frequently.

"Who makes the better coffee?" Emily asked. I held up Paul's dress shoe, considering I hadn't made coffee in a very long time thanks to him.

"Who is the better kisser?" She asked. I hesitantly held up Paul's shoe.

"Who spends the most money?" She asked.

"Where's Grayson shoe?" Paul asked. I laughed as I held up my own shoe.

"Who owns the most clothes?" Emily asked. Immediately, my hand with Paul's shoe shot up into the air.

"You can't lie, Elizabeth," my dad said.

"I'm not lying. He literally has ten of the same black shirts, and probably twice as many white ones," I said.

"It's true," Paul said, laughing slightly.

"Who is the better cook?" Emily asked. I put my hand with my shoe up in the air as soon as she finished the question.

"Who is the safer driver?" Emily asked. I really wanted to answer with my own shoe, but couldn't. I knew Paul's heightened senses made him ten times safer than I was behind the wheel. I reluctantly placed Paul's dress shoe in the air.

"Who texts the most?" Emily asked. There wasn't even a debate about that, it was definitely me.

"Who watches the most television?" Emily asked.

"Do two year old cartoons count?" I asked, holding my shoe up in the air.

"Who is the better singer?" She asked, and without thinking I held up Paul's shoe.

"Who has the most shoes?" Emily asked. I held my shoe up, knowing that Paul currently owned like two or three pairs of shoes.

"Who was the bigger nerd in high school?" Emily asked. I held my own high heeled dress shoe in the air. No denying that one.

"Who is the better dancer?" She asked.

"Before or after the coyote attack?" Paul asked.

"Before," Sam said. I stuck with my gut and held his shoe up.

"That, ladies and gentlemen concludes this Wedding Shoe Game," Emily said as Paul and I stood up.