Chapter 49

It's been almost two years since Paul and I got engaged. Grayson is now a very talkative two and a half year old. He swears a lot, a habit I thank Paul for frequently. Jared retired from the pack, leaving Paul as Beta. Jared and Kim are now happily married and expecting their first kid. Sam has been getting after Paul and I to hurry up and get married. He wants to retire and start his family, but he can't until there's an alpha female on the reservation.

Dad and Sue are married now. Their ceremony was small. It was mostly just the pack, Billy, and I. They are happily married, and I'm more than pleased to call Sue my mother.

Tomorrow, June 7, Paul and I are getting married on First Beach in La Push. The forecast is looking good for a beach wedding. Emily and Sue are making all the food since the only people we really invited are the pack and imprints. Also, Billy and Old Quil got invited, along side, at Dad's request, Renee and Phil.

"I love you babe. See you tomorrow at the altar," Paul said, picking up Grayson's bag. Paul insisted that he take Grayson with him to his place for the night, something about wanting father son bonding time.

"I'll be the one in white," I said, kissing his cheek. He smiled at me as I kissed my son goodbye and they left.

I had to report to Emily's at 9:00 the next morning so she, Kim, and Morgan could do my hair and makeup. We'd practiced it about four times now to make sure it looks perfect. Not that Paul would care. He insists I look best in a pair of his sweats and a tee.

I hopped in the shower, taking way longer than I needed because I was seriously stressed about Renee being at the wedding. She had sent Sue her RSVP and Dad and I both called and explained to her that I had chosen Sue to do all of the mother of the bride stuff. Renee insisted that it was fine and she wouldn't hold that against me. I think she was more hoping Bella would be there than anything.

Paul and I had invited Bella and Edward along with the rest of the Cullen's, but hadn't heard anything from them about their attendance. I told Sam to plan for like 60 people, which is the number of people we actually invited.

Sam and Jared were going down to the beach first thing tomorrow morning to set everything up for the ceremony and reception. I had to admit they were way more help than I'd been planning on having. I appreciated it 100% and they both said they'd take their payment in the form of future babysitting. I rolled my eyes at them, but had to agree.

By the time I dragged myself out of the shower and into my bed, I was exhausted. The silence in my room was killing me. Paul and I always talked about anything and everything before we went to sleep. Even when we ran out of things to talk about his presence was enough for me to relax and fall asleep.

The next morning, my alarm clock blared noise at 7:30. I rolled my eyes as I got up and pulled on some clean shorts and a tee shirt. I ate a small breakfast, knowing Emily would force-feed me food once I got there anyways. I drove slowly, feeling my anxiety kick in and wanting nothing more than to see Paul.

Paul had his alpha order to not show up at Emily's house, though. He was to get himself and Grayson ready at his house, where all the groomsmen would be getting ready. The groomsmen consisted of Jared, Embry, and Seth, with Sam being his Best Man.

Emily insisted upon the girls getting ready at her house. My bridesmaids were Emily, Kim, and Leah, while Morgan was my Maid of Honor.  

Getting all of us ready took almost four hours. Which seems like a lot of time until you consider there were five of us, plus Sue and Claire. The ceremony started at 3:00, but we wanted to make sure we had enough time for everyone to look their best. We sat around talking for a while, trying to talk the stress away. I knew everything would go off without a hitch, but I couldn't help but worry. At 2:00, we headed down to the beach and into a sort of makeshift building that Sam set up so we wouldn't have to worry about Paul seeing me.

"Knock knock," Sue said, as her and my dad walked in.

"Wow, Dad, you clean up nice," I said.

"I know. I look hot," he said, causing me to laugh.

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue," Sue said.

"My flowers are blue," I said. "The dress is brand new. Alice insisted on buying it as my wedding gift from the Cullen's."

"Something old," she said.

"Besides Dad?" I asked.

He held a box out to me. "Here, you can have it if you can be nice."

Inside was my Grandfather Swan's police badge. "Dad, I can't take this."

"He wanted nothing more than to meet you. He would've been extremely proud of you," my dad said, tears forming in his eyes. "He wanted you to have it."

"Stop, you're going to make me cry," I said, fanning myself slightly to calm down.

"Here," Sue said, taking the badge and attaching it to my bouquet of flowers.

"So, I just need something borrowed," I said.

"Here," Morgan said, sliding the bracelet off her wrist. "Wear my bracelet."

"Thanks," I said, accepting the piece of jewelry from her.

"It's time to get lined up," Emily said. I nodded, thankful for the fact I was going barefoot. I'm not sure I could've handled walking around on heels right now.

A/N: I will post all the wedding related pictures in a chapter after the wedding scene has been written out completely.