Chapter 2: Insane

I opened the door, only to find a stranger's face staring back, which startled me, causing me to jump.

"Hello there," the stranger said with a smirk and one hand behind his back.

"Erm, can I help you?" I asked with a puzzled expression. Who was this guy and why did he give off such a strange vibe?

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Stefán, the limo driver that Mr.Gallan will be using to escort you to Coeur Ouvert," Stefán said and my lips parted in awe. Ryan was making a huge effort and it was all just to make me happy.

"Are you coming or not, miss?" Stefán asked and I shifted uncomfortably, not sure if I should trust this stranger since Ryan did not tell me anything about this supposed limo ride.

"Well... he did say it was supposed to be a surprise," my mind said and I realized how how much I was overreacting.

"Okay, sure" I replied, finally making up my mind as I began walking down the stairs and through my yard. I opened the fence gate, to get to the parked limo. Stefán opened the door for me and I politely mumbled a thank you as I got in, immediately being greeted with Ryan's famous grin.

"Hey!" Ryan beamed and I gave him a look.

"What?" He asked, confusion clear in his expression.

"Really Ryan, you had to do all of this for me?" I asked, unsure how to feel about all of this.

"I thought you would be happy. Anyway, you'll see why all of this was necessary when I give you the news as soon as we reach the restaurant," Ryan said with a glint of excitement in his eyes and I so desperately wanted to share that excitement with him.

~

I was forced back into reality as my head banged hard against something. My heart thumped in my chest as I realized that I was still trapped in this cramped space and no longer with my boyfriend to protect me.

"Stay calm," a voice said in my head and I slowly took deep breaths as I desperately tried to fight the sudden wave of dizziness with a tinge of fatigue .

The car came to a sudden halt which gave me hope that I actually had a chance to escape. By now, it was pretty obvious that I was in the trunk of a car and I planned on making a run for it as soon as the trunk was opened.

I heard the sound of the trunk unlocking then opening and as soon as I was sure the trunk had enough space for me to escape, I forced my body to roll to the side.

The scariest feeling of this entire situation was falling from the trunk with a bag over my head, hands and legs tied and finally the cracking sound my ankle made when it slammed onto the ground, along with the rest of my body.

"You foolish girl!" A strange and uncomfortably raspy voice yelled.

I lay on the cool concrete ground as tears escape from my eyes. I begin to shake uncontrollably as worry of what this person is going to do to me sinks in, since this definitely was obviously no prank.

The mystery person's rough hands force me to get up, and grabs me to force me on my feet.

"Walk!" What sounds like a man commands, and I reluctantly attempt to walk. I bite my lip to avoid crying out in pain when weight is shifted onto my bruised ankle, causing me to resort to hopping on one foot.

"I don't have time for this," The man growls impatiently and I'm immediately lifted up bridal style and coddled in the arms of a possible serial killer.

I close my eyes and brace myself for being thrown, but nothing of the sort happens. The man continues walking with me in his arms before his grip tightens on me, as he kicks what sounds like a door, open.