Gabe's POV:

My wounds had healed. I was okay, and trying to keep my life as normal as I could. I was walking to school, alone. I've walked alone to school many times, but this time was different. This time I had a weird emptiness in my chest. Like there was nothing but a hollow cave beyond my ribs. Like deep inside there, my heart wasn't letting me feel anything. 

"GABRIEL?!" a girl's voice yelled. 

I turned around, my brain preparing to see Danielle running towards me. But no, it was just Savannah. My heart dropped to another level. I got my hopes a little too high. She slowed down and walked beside me, remaining for a few moments. But being the chatty little brat she is, I know this silence wont last for long. 

"Are you okay Gabriel?" she probed. 

"Are you expecting a specific answer?" I mumbled. 

"Gabriel...death is something we should all accept. You can't bring someone back from the dead," she muttered. 

Everything flashed in my mind. The memories of Justine. The pain of letting go of loved ones. The thought of Danielle wounded and hurt. The though of never seeing her again. I didn't want to think about that, but I felt numb and those were the only things that came to my mind. 

"She's not dead..." I whispered. 

"Denying the truth won't change anything Gabriel," she begged. 

"Savannah shut up! You don't know Danielle as much as I do. I assure you, I know things that no one else does. Not you, your friends, or any other person in the school. I know for a fact that Danielle isn't dead. She's alive...and she's going to come back for me..." I yelled, trying not to lose hope. 

"Gabriel..." she said, her words trailing. 

She doesn't get it. She's not as close to me as Danielle. She doesn't even call me Gabe. She wasn't even there when any of this mess happened. She. Doesn't. Remember. Justine. 

"Savannah...do you remember her? Justine Parker?" I demanded. 

"Who?" she croaked. 

"I know you fricken heard me Savannah. Justine Parker. Do you remember her...do you miss her...do you wish she was by your side right now?" I questioned. 

"I don't know anyone called Justine..." she whispered. 

I tightened my fists, letting in a deep breath before during and walking away. She sped up a little and grabbed my shoulder, turning me around to meet my eyes. 

"Gabriel. I know you're not okay..." she said. 

"And why do you care? Does that affect you? Does me not being okay ruin your life in any possible way?!" I yelled. 

"N-no...but-" 

"Don't say anything. Just end the subject. I need to go now, or I'll be late to classes," I stated dryly.

I ran off, probably leaving her completely confused. But I couldn't care less right now. I kept running, even though I didn't really want to. I probably appear so stupid, running like that.

"What was all that about?" a voice said. 

I stopped and saw Evan leaving against the brick wall of the school entry. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. He obviously listened to  Savannah and I's conversation. I sighed and shrugged. Even I don't know what the hell that was. 

"Can we talk about this later?" I suggested. 

"Nonono Gabriel. Not to fast. I know for a fact that you do not have any classes or appointments before school. I'm not saying that anything you said or did back there was wrong. I'm just worried you might lose it and become a werewolf in front of everyone's eyes," Evan explained. 

I nodded and looked down silently. Evan sighed and shook his head slowly. I knew he was probably judging me deep inside that empty, thoughtless brain of his. He folded his arms and kicked a pebble. 

"You can't keep hurting Gabe. There's something called moving on, and it helps. Also something called pain that comes with it. If you can't change anything, then don't change your life and feelings," Evan advised. 

"B-but she's gone. You don't understand how much I'm suffering. You don't get how hard this is..." I managed to say. 

"I talked to Wraith. Danielle is safe, and believe me, all she wants is for you to be happy right now..." Evan told me. 

That's what was killing me. I don't know why I kept thinking this way. That if she truly wanted me to be happy, she'd come back. 

"Let's just end this conversation here..." I mumbled. 

I walked into the gates with my head down...

Ending the conversation doesn't mean the pain is gone yet...