Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I don’t know how I done it but I had finally managed to get everyone out in the fifthteen minutes that Kentwood had given me.

Stacy was passed out in the spare room so I didn't have to worry about her asking questions about me going round to Mr Gold’s.

I knocked on his door and he opened the door, he made my heart skip a beat again.

“Come in” he said.

When I walked in I looked around it was pretty much the same as my house and it got me curious about how he could afford a house like this.

He gestured to the couch I sat down and he sat down next to be we weren’t touching but we were close enough that I could feel this body heat.

We sat in silence for a while I could feel my eye lids getting heavy as I listened to his breathing.

“Where are your parents?” he asked startling me.

“Oh urm on a business trip they have to go away a lot because of their work so there not around much but they will be back soon so you will meet them then” I said keeping my voice as steady as I could.

“Oh right, so Mr Kentwood doesn’t like you then” he asked I could hear his amusement in his voice.

I turned to look at him and faked sadness “I know I just don't understand why though.” I laughed I could feel the knots in my stomach lessen as he laughed with me I didn't feel nervous anymore and I wasn’t feeling as scared anymore.

I was starting to feel safe.

I smiled at him and he returned it.

“Ari, if you don't mind me asking, what did he mean by your parents punishing you?” he asked watching my closely finding a reaction and I tried my hardest not to show the fear that was now in my eyes of the mention of it.

“Nothing, it’s just my parents are really strict I will probably be grounded for life well that’s what he thinks will happen” I lied and I carried on “plus they wanted me to make a good first impression with you, which I didn't.” I sighed knowing I would get extra punishment for that.

“What do you mean, you did make a good impression” he said softly.

I turned to him confusion he must of noticed because he chuckled and said “At school today” I nodded, I'm an idiot. “You are the only one who isn’t sitting there watching my every move or drooling at me, well you did at first but who can blame you.” I blushed and slapped his arm playfully.

“Wow don't you have a big ego and for your information I wasn’t drooling over you I was admiring the view.” I told him matter of factly.

I smirked at him and he had that unreadable expression on his face.

“Pretty good view too. Anyway you also made a good impression by the essay you wrote today it was very good, best in the class actually you have skills” I smiled.

“Thank you, I like writing, English is my favourite subject actually and I'm happy.” His smile got wider and my breath got caught in my throat again.

Before either of us said anything my phone started going off.

I sighed frustrated I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

Big mistake.

“Guess who I just came off the phone to young lady?” it was my dad I looked at the clock one thirty it was late which was not a good sign.