Chapter 2

How do I remind him of Midoriya? The only idea I had was that he was referring to my level of control over my quirk, or lack of. I braced myself to ask him. He couldn't really think that little of me, right? After all we've been through?

        "So, how does he remind you of?" I asked.

        "It's his control over his quirk, well, lack of," he responded.

                Damn...He even used my own words I had thought out.

        "You both tend to give it your all or absolutely nothing," he said glancing over to me. He showed no extra emotion with the comment. To him, he was just simply stating a fact. I felt my face grow warmer.

        "T-that was the past! I've got control over it now!"

        "I figured that much. I was wondering how you became a hero," he said looking back at the students. He couldn't be serious...He's acting like he only knew me from watching me in school. Like we were never more than just that.

                I looked over to him in disbelief. He continued watching the students paying me no attention.

        "Are you serious?" I asked him trying not to sound flustered.

        "Mostly"

                His face didn't give anything away. He was actually serious. He does remember me, right?

        "You do know who I am right? You're not confusing me with someone else?'" I questioned raising my eyebrow in curiosity.

        "Yeah I remember you," he replied.

        "Then why are you acting like this?" I questioned, "You act you barely know me."  I can feel the anger rising in me. I can't let it out.

        "We are here as teachers," he began, "we need to focus on for the new generation of heroes."

        "Teacher huh," I said in annoyance, "fine then."

        "Were you expecting more?"

        "Whatever." I said as I turned away.

                I stormed off away from the field. I can't believe this. I didn't think he would actually be here. I had my hopes up that he would be. I don't know why though. It was pointless. It's almost as if I might as well be a different person. Have I changed? Does he see that?

                I walked off thinking to myself. I was paying very little attention when I rounded the corner and bumped into something huge.

        "Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-" I couldn't talk when I looked at who I ran into.

        "Al- All Might??" I said shocked. No one told me All Might would be here!

        "Im so so sorry! Please forgive me Mr. All Might," I said bowing. When he didn't respond right away I looked up. He looked just as nervous, if not more nervous than I did.

        "Uh, are you okay? What were you even doing here?" I asked a bit less nervous now.

        "Oh. I was just going for a walk. I needed to talk to Aizawa. That's all!"

                As soon as he showed up he was gone. He came out of nowhere and was gone just as fast. It was kind of weird though. He's much less...graceful than I was expecting. I looked back to see where he went but he was out of sight.

                I stood there around the corner for a few minutes just listening to everything going on in the field. From what I could hear, it seems that Shota was just kidding about expelling the lowest scoring student. It turns out it was Deku. Was he really lying? Or does he have a soft spot for him. Maybe both. But sitting here won't solve anything. I need to confront him. He needs to see the real me.

                I turned around and walked to Shota. He was smiling. He's happy? I was prepared to face hardass Shota but this is the exact opposite of this. Oh shit. I can't turn around now. I walked straight up to him and stopped. He looked over, the smile still on his face.

        "Something up?" He asked.

        "I'm a real hero!" I blurted out. My face was probably beet red.

        "Huh?" He questioned.

        "I-im a real hero. I've dealt with countless villains, I've saved people, I've worked with other heroes, and I can control my quirk."

        "Well, let's see it in action then."

        "Wait, what?" I asked. Him being happy already derailed my train but now it might as well have been dropped into the ocean.

        "What do you mean?"

        "Let's spar. Show these future heroes how two real ones fight," he said with a smile on his face. I recognized that smile this time though, it was the one I was familiar with back in my school days.

        "Okay. Let's do it then."