♪ FORTY-SIX ♪

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Jonah asks Aurora for the twelfth time, sliding some of their luggage into the overhead compartment and taking his seat beside her. "Because the door isn't closed yet. You still have time to get off and we'll drive instead."

"Jonah, I'll be fine," she promises him, entwining their hands. "I'd rather fly for a few hours than drive for two days. Besides, this way, I'll be able to meet your family sooner."

Ever since her dramatic farewells with Carmen earlier that morning, Jonah had been on edge, waiting for Aurora's anxiety and fear of flying to kick in and cause her to change her mind.

"Okay," Jonah relaxes. "If you're positive."

"I'm completely positive," she confirms, resting her head on his shoulder. "As long as some asshole isn't on my other side, our flight will run smoothly."

Jonah chuckles, pressing a quick kiss to her temple. Prepared to take a nap, she closes her eyes, not noticing the stranger taking the open seat next to her.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Jonah suggests.

"Jonah, sweetie, I've only had two cups of cof-" Aurora stop as her elbow is knocked off of the armrest. Sitting up, she snaps her head in the other direction. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Her eyes widen as they land on the familiar stranger. From behind her, Jonah groans, bracing himself for the inevitable fight.

"Do I know you?" The blond asks, his English accent evident. "You look really familiar."

"They literally just shut the door, Aurora," Jonah warns quietly, noticing how tense she became and tightening his grip on her hand. "Don't do anything too major."

"How's your seat, Brooklyn?" A brunette asks, his head popping up from the row in front of them. Glancing at Aurora, his smile immediately disappears. "Oh no."

Two other teenagers pop up next to the boy as another blond leans over from behind Brooklyn.

"Excuse me, rat face, but it's rude to stare, you insensitive asshole," she growls, regretting her decision to fly. "And you're on the wrong flight. The trip back to Hell is flight 107."

"Actually, Minnesota is our next location on our tour," the one next to her - Brooklyn - interjects. "Is your boyfriend and his band on tour right now?"

"Does your boyfriend and the rest of your band have an EP that isn't covers or songs that encourage pedophiles?" She snaps. "Hmm, didn't think so."

"Is there anything I can get you?" A flight attendant asks, smiling politely as she stops at our aisle.

"I'd like to file a complaint," Aurora says innocently, watching as her smile falters slightly. "I think this Ross Lynch knockoff sitting next to me is a terrorist."

"She's joking," Jonah interrupts. "These two do that a lot."

"Oh," the woman laughs awkwardly, turning her attention to Brooklyn. "Are you two related?"

Not skipping a beat, he throws an arm around my shoulder and answers in a perfect American accent. "Yeah, we're siblings."

Nodding, the attendant moves down the plane. The moment her attention is off of us, Aurora throws his arm off of her. Before she can retort, Rye interrupts.

"So, how's your cute friend from yesterday?"

"She's still taken," she glares. "And I suggest you turn around in your seat before I throw your sorry ass off this plane."

The blond, who she believes is Andy, behind us nudges Jonah's shoulder. "Is she alw-"

"Do not touch my boyfriend, fucking British bastard" Aurora snaps, swatting his hand away. "Don't even look at him, or think about looking at him! I don't need you contaminating him with any of your diseases!"

××××

"Aurora," Jonah calls out from where he stands a few feet away. "Your phone is ringing."

"Answer it for me," she requests, running a hand through her disheveled hair and grinning sarcastically as a bright light flashes once again. "It's probably Blondie or Caramel."

"Ma'am," the guard says, exasperated. "We only needed one picture."

"But I look fantabulous in this lighting," she informs him. "Can I get my mugshot framed?"

"No, Aurora doesn't need a mugshot because she was arrested," Jonah is saying into the phone, trying and failing to hide his amusement. "She and two guys from RoadTrip are being put on the 'no flight list'."

"If she gets a frame for her mugshot, I want one too," Brooklyn interjects, Andy nodding in agreement.

"This isn't in my job description," the guard sighs. "If you want, I can print you a copy of the picture."

"Of all of my pictures?"

Yes," the guard confirms, running a hand over this face. "But I'm only taking one more picture. Say cheese."

"One second," Aurora holds her finger up, stopping him as she pull a Disney tiara out of her purse. "Do you think you could get this photo from a side angle?"

Pressing a button, the camera clicks and there's a bright flash. "If you'll wait over here, I can have all twelve mugshots printed as soon as I finish with the other two."

"Did you hear that, Jonah?" She asks, jumping onto his back. "We need to buy picture frames. And hi, Caramel!"

"Hi, Aurora!" Carmen answers enthusiastically as Jonah puts her on speaker. "You know, we have plenty of room on the living room walls for pictures," she adds nonchalantly.

"I think her mugshots would go great with our decoration theme," Corbyn chimes in from somewhere in the background.

"Absolutely not!" Jack rejects the idea, in the background as well.

"Here's her photos," the guard tells Jonah, handing him a manilla envelope before walking away quickly.

"As much as I'd love to negotiate where we're putting my mugshots, we need to go," Aurora says to Carmen. "Jonah's parents are probably wondering why we aren't there yet. Bye, Caramel."

"Bye, Aurora."

Ending the call, she climbs down from Jonah's back and links her arm through his instead.

"It looks like we'll have to steal another car to get back home."