♪ EIGHT ♪

The next morning, the ride to the Why Don't We house was far from silent, with Mark pestering Aurora for every detail on what's going on between her and Jonah.

"I really like him," Aurora admits, a frown tugging at her lips despite the words. "But I don't know if he feels the same way."

"Are you kidding? And you complain about Carmen being oblivious," Mark snorts, looking at his best friend as though she's grown another head. "That boy stares at you like you hung the moon. Besides, you've already slept in the same bed together; he might as well propose."

"I share a bed with you all the time," she argues. "And I don't see you pulling out an engagement ring."

"That's entirely different and you know it."

"I've never felt this way for someone before, Mark," Aurora mutters, briefly glancing over at him. "It's only been six days and it's scary how much he already means to me. I don't want to mess this up and lose Jonah."

"Aurora, honey," Mark can't help but to grin, taking her hand in his and squeezing it reassuringly. "You got him banned from the zoo on your first date. I'm pretty sure nothing you do is going to drive him away."

Aurora finally smiles, pulling into the house's driveway.

"What would I do without you?" She laughs, honking the horn to let Jonah and Zach know they're here. "Now get in the backseat."

"Oh, I see how it is," he mutters rolling his eyes playfully. Instead of stepping out of the car to get in the back,he climbs over the center console. "Choosing your not boyfriend over your own best friend. It's fine, I'm fine."

The brunette glares at him through the rearview mirror, not saying anything as the boys get in too.

"Morning, Marais," she greets, a blush fanning across her as leans over and kisses her cheek. "Morning, Heroin."

"Morning," he mumbles, staring at his hands and appearing rather upset.

"Now, the plan is to meet up with Caramel and Elle at Barnes and Noble." Out of the corner of her vision, Zach immediately perks up. "We are to keep her there until the others get everything set up. Any questions?"

"I've got one," Mark says, raising his hand as though he's in school. "What's this Elle girl like?"

Jonah glances over at Aurora, sensing the sarcastic comments she was holding back.

"She's fun," she finally answers. "And if you screw today up, I will throw my copy of Harry Potter and the of the Phoenix at you again."

"Why can't you throw something smaller?" Mark groans. "Like a fridge."

××××

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARAMEL!" Aurora shrieks, running straight past a stranger that had to be Elle and jumping into the girl's arms.

"Thanks, Aurora," she chuckles, hugging her in return before turning her attention to a considerably happier Zach.

Aurora looks around before walking over to the girl she ran past. "Are you Elle?"

"Yep," she replies, popping the p. "With that awesome entrance, you must be Aurora."

"I am," she confirms, curtsying dramatically and pulling Mark over to her side. "Have you met my great, single friend, Mark?"

"I don't believe I have," Elle giggles.

"Then I'll leave you two to get acquainted," Aurora says, taking Jonah's hand and leading him away.